Thoughts on 2020 trials? (1 Viewer)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
So for some of us, trials are coming to an end, or they have already ended (lucky you). What are your thoughts on this years trials (list your subjects and the trial you did e.g if your school writes your own, or Independent, Catholic, etc), and how'd you find them in comparison to past years?

Last edited:

shashysha

HSC
My school usually writes their own trials and god damn they were all 10x harder than previous years but I'm glad that's all over (although i'm not looking forward to another 2 days of english)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
My school usually writes their own trials and god damn they were all 10x harder than previous years but I'm glad that's all over (although i'm not looking forward to another 2 days of english)
Oh, that's not fair :(
All the best though! Congrats on nearly finishing, and good luck for English!

beetree1

HSC
My school wrote our own and I believe they were of similar difficulty compared to previous years except maths because of the syllabus changes. Extension 2 was crazy difficult and I am still yet to sit my Extension1 exam. I think for English Adv, just be ready for one super crazy hard question and the 3 remaining to be average because most of my friends from different schools had the exact same thing. For me, it was common module. So if you had prepared only one essay for a module, I would recommend last minute bashing out some memorised quotes instead

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Best thing about trials is the feeling after finishing a 3 hr exam where you don't need to stress so much about remembering everything

jojosiwa123

HSC
just finished my trials! I think ours were catholic or independent honestly have no clue which one lol.
I ended up doing really well in bio which was a complete fluke and did terribly in maths and chem.... oh well
tbh im so glad we had trials though cus now I realise everything I need to improve on. luckily I've decided what I wanna study next year and the atar isn't tooo high so I feel so much less stress.
wbu how did yours go?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
My school wrote our own and I believe they were of similar difficulty compared to previous years except maths because of the syllabus changes. Extension 2 was crazy difficult and I am still yet to sit my Extension1 exam. I think for English Adv, just be ready for one super crazy hard question and the 3 remaining to be average because most of my friends from different schools had the exact same thing. For me, it was common module. So if you had prepared only one essay for a module, I would recommend last minute bashing out some memorised quotes instead

That's nice! I definitely agree with you on English. One question required us to read it over and over if that made sense, and there was a thin line between how we're expected to interpret it which made it quite challenging. I think base essays for English are effective but only to a certain extent, because super hard questions can throw us off, and then we'd have to opt with twisting our base essay to the question instead. Good luck with extension 1!

beetree1

HSC
For those doing Crucible for common, be ready for when they ask you to only write on one character - my school got Mary Warren and another school got John Proctor! :mad:

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
just finished my trials! I think ours were catholic or independent honestly have no clue which one lol.
I ended up doing really well in bio which was a complete fluke and did terribly in maths and chem.... oh well
tbh im so glad we had trials though cus now I realise everything I need to improve on. luckily I've decided what I wanna study next year and the atar isn't tooo high so I feel so much less stress.
wbu how did yours go?

Congrats on finishing up and well done in bio! I definitely agree with you on that- I think trials are great to allow us to improve, and we also have a fair bit of time to brush up on enhancing our strengths as well. My trials went well, thank you for asking. My school went with the Independent papers. I just had legal studies today, and then SOR II is on Friday! Short answers and extended responses for most of my subjects went well. But my major concern is my handwriting which was terrible lol :( I have no idea how to fix that before HSC.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
For those doing Crucible for common, be ready for when they ask you to only write on one character - my school got Mary Warren and another school got John Proctor! :mad:
My school got John Proctor as well, who had to be analysed with Elizabeth!

jojosiwa123

HSC
Congrats on finishing up and well done in bio! I definitely agree with you on that- I think trials are great to allow us to improve, and we also have a fair bit of time to brush up on enhancing our strengths as well. My trials went well, thank you for asking. My school went with the Independent papers. I just had legal studies today, and then SOR II is on Friday! Short answers and extended responses for most of my subjects went well. But my major concern is my handwriting which was terrible lol :( I have no idea how to fix that before HSC.
sameee my handwriting is unreadable I feel bad for my markers...we're gonna have to go back to those handwriting practice books they gave us in primary school

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
This might sound weird but try writing everything bigger and make all letters a bit taller than normal. I started doing this for exams only and it helps to write fast and good enough that markers can read it.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
sameee my handwriting is unreadable I feel bad for my markers...we're gonna have to go back to those handwriting practice books they gave us in primary school
Omg hahaha I swear, like those books we used back in kindergarten- I just hope we can fix it before it becomes voided in the HSC

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
This might sound weird but try writing everything bigger and make all letters a bit taller than normal. I started doing this for exams only and it helps to write fast and good enough that markers can read it.
Thank you! The thing is I write really fast which is why my handwriting is illegible, and it's like 'cursive' which makes it super harder as well! I'll definitely take on your advice though- thanks!

beetree1

HSC
My school got John Proctor as well, who had to be analysed with Elizabeth!
john and elizabeth wouldve worked really well for my prepped essay, unfortunately WTF is mary warren

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
john and elizabeth wouldve worked really well for my prepped essay, unfortunately WTF is mary warren
Honestly, I understand your frustration! There's only so much you can write about her especially when she's a minor character! But my advice is don't stress! It's over and done with, and as long as you did your best and you're able to learn from it then that's okay! Also, whenever a question is hard, I like to keep in mind, that's it not only hard for me, but also for everyone else, so you and your grade would be in the same boat!

shashysha

HSC
Oh, that's not fair :(
All the best though! Congrats on nearly finishing, and good luck for English!
aha thanks but I've already finished all my trials in week 4. It's the 2 days of hsc english I don't wanna do lol
I should be getting results in the coming weeks so hopefully it'll all turn out fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)