Thoughts about Society and Culture (1 Viewer)

juliastegner

HSC
ahh but it only asked for one so you're fine D: I realize I should have only wrote one and expanded on it instead . T_T; What did you get for the what concept does 'analyzing media' blablabla multiple choice question? I picked social and cultural literacy.. the rest were dodgy especially 'cultural relativism'

jessxxxr

HSC
hahahahaha LOL at my ethical consideration, i wrote something like keeping their location and suburb private so people don't look at the results and see which area has the most mobile phone access and so go there with trying to steal mobile phones off little kids which could put individuals and the community in danger hahaha please tell me does this even sound legit? at least it shall be unique :) and to juliastegner, yeahhh i chose social and cultural literacy, i think it was correct :)

ven

HSC
Yeh for the ethical considerations I wrote about keeping information private unless you state otherwise (like name, financial details).. I hope they fall for it :S

I loved the Harry Potter reference! I thought it was conpletely nessesary :)

Only thing I'm scared about, is the POP culture question on 'unofficial/official censorship'.. also for the 12 marker, I referenced directly to Barbie and not popular culture in general... Would I loose heaps of marks?? I wrote about 3 pages

Last edited:

Jongnie

HSC
@ven , aslong as you answered the question i'm sure it's fine if you didn't "directly state that it was popular culture", they would know due to reference of barbie.

@julia, i also picked social literacy :),

Also on a side note : did you guys pick "families and the church" for that cooperation between institution, mine was a battle between the fathers protesting and families, but i figured "cooperation" meant working together and protesting wasn't really working together O_O.

jessxxxr

HSC
omgg that was another tricky question i swear, but yeah i chose families and the church in the end, i was tossing up between that one and another but figured the family and church are both institutions right?

ven

HSC
yes I chose families and church too, since church is an institution.. not sure about families lol.. but yeh I'm pretty sure I chose that one.. (hopefully lol)

and for the first question, of 1 mark, was the answer it for example 'family life and population changes'? Thats what I wrote but I'm still not sure whether its right

Jongnie

HSC
yes I chose families and church too, since church is an institution.. not sure about families lol.. but yeh I'm pretty sure I chose that one.. (hopefully lol)

and for the first question, of 1 mark, was the answer it for example 'family life and population changes'? Thats what I wrote but I'm still not sure whether its right
one feature ??
i wrote eduction system for JAPAN

edit: oh wait what ??? .. lol is that the question you were refering to ?

jessxxxr

HSC
yeahhh i wrote gender roles cause we were studying Vanuatu, but im pretty sure whatever you wrote should suffice, but since you wrote 2 (family life AND population changes) i dno if they're gonna do anything there :/ you should still get the mark though!

ven

HSC
yes i'm refering to the 'choose one feature question' yes
Well for example, one trial question was 'assess the impacts on change with ONE of the areas below
-education
-beleifs values and lifestyle
-government ...
-family life and population changes
--> so its under one heading, but two seperate components
I guess its their fault for not specifiying, coz under the syllabus its one 'feature' of a chosen country, if I'm wrong then the max I'll lose is 2 marks :S

Overall it was a pretty good paper! Pretty confident I'll get a band 6 :)

jessxxxr

HSC
yes i'm refering to the 'choose one feature question' yes
Well for example, one trial question was 'assess the impacts on change with ONE of the areas below
-education
-beleifs values and lifestyle
-government ...
-family life and population changes
--> so its under one heading, but two seperate components
I guess its their fault for not specifiying, coz under the syllabus its one 'feature' of a chosen country, if I'm wrong then the max I'll lose is 2 marks :S

Overall it was a pretty good paper! Pretty confident I'll get a band 6 :)

awww good for you!! :) i wish i was as confident as you, i have no idea how i did honestly :/ i just really hope my pip pulls me up because i know that was pretty good, im just hoping for maybe mid-high 80's, i don't wanna set myself too high then be gutted

ven

HSC
yeh Society and Culture is the only subject I have a chance of getting band 6 in, so I really have my hopes high. Only thing is that our school has never got a band 6 before for society.. I just really want to be the first

I don't think it will be marked too harshly..and the pip can make or break your final mark, so you'll be fine then!

Jongnie

HSC
band 6? wowz ... i average 65% in my exams @ school LOL .... rank 2 tho, so my teacher might mark really hard (although she is a hsc marker :() .. idk i'm guessing i'll get around 75~80% max

juliastegner

HSC
My PIP will drag me down so much! Does anyone know if the PIP gets returned to our SCHOOL or to our mail address? !

jessxxxr

HSC
My PIP will drag me down so much! Does anyone know if the PIP gets returned to our SCHOOL or to our mail address? !
they get returned to your school, they should actually already be there too, cause when me and my friends went to school like a week ago, our sac teacher asked if we wanted them back :)

ven

HSC
Wow I didn't know they came back so early! :S

I hate how we have to wait til like August or something next year to get our PIP marks back..

jessxxxr

HSC
Wow I didn't know they came back so early! :S

I hate how we have to wait til like August or something next year to get our PIP marks back..
actually now that i think about it, he might have been talking about the copies of our pips in the library, so just disregard what i said, but yes they do come back to your school

but on another note, OMGGG wait so we actually get to find out our pip marks???!!! i thought you couldn't find out, that's so good, how do we get them?

Jongnie

HSC
actually now that i think about it, he might have been talking about the copies of our pips in the library, so just disregard what i said, but yes they do come back to your school

but on another note, OMGGG wait so we actually get to find out our pip marks???!!! i thought you couldn't find out, that's so good, how do we get them?
my teacher said you can 'calculate it'

ven

HSC
I don't know how other schools do it, but my teacher will probably email us our marks, they get released sometime in August NEXT YEAR... I'd probably attempt to calculate it.. I would not be bothered waiting for so long :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)