This year's band E4 cut-off? (1 Viewer)

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
ahh damnz... i stuffed up qn6 and 7 big time.. probability?? i suck at probability.. *sighs* question 7 was rubbish.. the paper was too long in my opinion... i guess i'm just a slow thinker.. would have been better with another 30 minutes.. ;) oh wellz.. all good.. raw mark of 40 would excellent... those of you whothought it was easy.. good for you.. lol.. =) wish my brain picked things up faster oh wellz.. 2 exams left and i'm going to go shopping tonight.. *woot woot*

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
what will a mark of around 55-60/84 get ? could it allign to 40+ / 50 ? ?? i need 40+ >____<"

after 2u.. this test was fairly easy.. i actually got UP TO question 7.. which is out of the ordinary.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rama_v said:
The paper was harder than last year
As a matter of fact IMO its the hardest paper since yr 2001.
That would be correct.

That said, I'm pissed off that I didn't finish ... my mind so wasn't there today ... for example, when I first tried to do the area under sin2x, I drew cos2x and looked at it for about 30 seconds before realising what my problem was.

And then I wasted close to 10 minutes on that stupid first probability question (the soccer matches = 0.7901 thing) because I kept forgetting to multiply by the probability that she tipped matches wrong.

Man, with those 10 minutes extra, I really would have done well ... I had to skip part (ii) and (iii) of the projectiles and go onto Q7 instead.

I'm a 4-unit student, so I'm hoping all the 4-unit people pwned and thus scale our 4 unit marks up.

I think I got about 75 or 76/84 today.

xiaojia

HSC
I am doing 4U too, my 4u exam looks pretty good for me, but 3U ... = =
68-70/84 is what I think I will get....

Toby Buchanan

HSC
I wouldn't worry if it seems like everyone in this forum went really well if that's where you're getting an idea of how hard the paper was... I'm sure there were hundreds or thousands that really struggled with it.. I'm hoping high 70's/84.. that would be niiice. I couldn't get out the induction though, i haven't seen one of the inequality ones for ages. Smashed up question 6 though and not bad in q 7 too

stv_87

HSC
is e4 the highest band, whats with the e, whats the approximate cutoff for the highest out of 84 if this exam was say a relatively easier. does it mattter if say two people are dead even then cuase one answered more harder questions they would be higher.

serge

HSC
Tobes said:
I wouldn't worry if it seems like everyone in this forum went really well if that's where you're getting an idea of how hard the paper was... I'm sure there were hundreds or thousands that really struggled with it..
yeh and those people probably wouldnt admit
failing completely to strangers on the internet

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
xiaojia said:
I am doing 4U too, my 4u exam looks pretty good for me, but 3U ... = =
68-70/84 is what I think I will get....
How come only 68-70?

Did you screw up one section or something?

I'm still so dirty with that 0.7901 probability question ... can't believe I wasted almost 10 minutes in forgetting to multiply by (2/3) to the necessary powers. ARGH.

That woulda given me enough time for the last two parts of the projectile motion. And I would've gotten I think 81 or 82/84.

As it stands now, I reckon I have 77. But we'll see.

What would 77 align/scale/(whatever the terminology is) to?

Somewhere between 95 and 98?

lonely_devil

HSC
>< i think i stuffed it up... but i reckon this is an average 3U paper... though i left the whole question 7 and part b) ii> and iii> of question 6 out... hmmm... i am not aiming for an E4 coz i know it's not likely for me... but what raw mark do u need for an E3 band??

Girra_girl

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
What would 77 align/scale/(whatever the terminology is) to?

Somewhere between 95 and 98?
I hope! I think at most I got a not too much less than 77!

justchillin

HSC
Personally I am pleased with the standard of both tests...though both question 7 and 8 were too easy for HSC exams, but they've done well. Im thinking 67-69 for band E4 in my opinion...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
it was easy because there wasnt any hard questions. thats the best explanation i can give.
the cut-off this year for a band e4 should be 68-72/84 for 45/50.

bosby

HSC
blackfriday said:
it was easy because there wasnt any hard questions. thats the best explanation i can give.
the cut-off this year for a band e4 should be 68-72/84 for 45/50.
Nah your wrong my teacher marks HSC and he does that hsc hotline thingy & he said that a 70% would get ranked up over 87% so into the 90's% also you are all basing the scaling on what people in this forum say which most seem to be 4u kids so off course they'd find it easier but there will be a lot of students much lower scores and also the lower your score is the more you get ranked up because the higher scores dont move much so that there is a consistent range

darkmist

HSC
I agree. There were some really challenging questions in that exam. In my opinion a mark of around 60+ in that exam will get u a band e4.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
traditionally an e4 was around 62-64/84, but because this exam was so much easier than any other past exam, the cut-off will be higher because lots more people would do better. if you look at one of the raw marks threads in the SAM section you will see that someone had 75/84 in 3u maths scaled to 48/50 for 2004 i think. this year the same raw mark will be closer to 46-47/50.

bosby

HSC
blackfriday said:
traditionally an e4 was around 62-64/84, but because this exam was so much easier than any other past exam, the cut-off will be higher because lots more people would do better. if you look at one of the raw marks threads in the SAM section you will see that someone had 75/84 in 3u maths scaled to 48/50 for 2004 i think. this year the same raw mark will be closer to 46-47/50.
from doing past papers i had no troubles with last years and ones b4 i think this was way harder and also i dont think 2u was that hard most ppl in my yr did well and no 62-64/84 isnt usually e4 it goes much lower than that i dont know where ur getting ur info from but according to ppl who mark exams 64% and above has been taken to e4 previous yrs also the test wasnt easy 4 everyone like i keep saying just cos u find it easy and let me guess u do 4u doesnt mean us 2u ppl found it da same as u!!!!!the average is usually 40's% this yr it might go up a little but it wont rocket up just cos da 4u kids though it was nothing!

bosby

HSC
darkmist said:
I agree. There were some really challenging questions in that exam. In my opinion a mark of around 60+ in that exam will get u a band e4.
I am so happy someone actually agrees! yeah!!!i felt like da only one who through it was challenging :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)