Thesis Statements on Physical Journeys (1 Viewer)

HSC
here's the thesis i am going to be using ....

"Physical Journeys by their very connotation involve physical as well as emotional and intellectual change"

jed.hamers

Death to Exams mostly ENG
HSC
I always start mine with "A jouney of a thousand miles must begin with a single step," and then I expand on that talking about the features of journeys and how they effect us and rattle on about some other stuff (Huckely Finnagan, Road Not Taco, Finding Neo)

Last edited:

SkyScout

HSC
Tonz3901 said:
Does anyone else have any good thesis statements on
Physical Journey???
And i was wondering do u think if i change my own elated text now... its a good idea??? ive gone with the same one for the half yearlys and the trials but im not getting the marks i want from it... should i change or is it to late to learn a new text??? :wave: Thanks
Put it this way... Lets say with you current related material you are getting 12/15, that is what you will probably get in the HSC since you used that material and did it for the half yearlies and the trials and got that. However, if you change your related material now and you don't get it checked by someone really you konw GOOD in english, you will not know what you will get with this new material... What im trying to say is that this new related material hasnt been tested out in the field of exam conditions. So, the next solution is to see whether this new related material fits in better with your old one and if it does, if you wana use it, isit possible to get someone to check your essay out before the HSC. But also do keep in mind its about 6 days away till paper 1... so weight your options out wisely...

Beege

HSC
A physical journey involves traveling to a different location or reminiscing about a certain experience to change our perspective about something.

for example I went to Hawaii last year and it gave me a new perspective about the rest of the western world, deep down they are just like us in terms of locations, buildings and how people live. Hawaii does have shithole areas just like Sydney, it aint all palm trees and hoola dancing.

HSC
although i may b in advanced english, what i have been taught and what i have learnt over the years lol the best thesis is one which you have a critical analysis of how a physical journey affects yourself, other and the world around you, and dont forget and what physical journeys are about.
to get the perfect thesis base it on the rubric for physical journeys, which you can find on the top of past questions and on your exams and stuff. talk to your teachers, or even better the subject coordinator about how to approach your thesis and stuff.
hope that helped =]
peace out sara

bcook89

HSC
holy crap, thesis are so hard...how does anyone come up with them. i have a sinking suspicion that advanced english is not for me.:bomb:

joel_x10

VicaRiouS
HSC
A physical journey is not merely the movement from one location to another, but a process of inner growth and self-discovery, which provide opportunities for travellers to extend themselves physically, intellectually and emotionally as they respond to obstacles and adversities presented on their journey and begin to learn more about themselves and the world around them.

mrmot23

HSC
is this a good thesis statement?

Physical journey has obstacles which need to encounter while one moves from one place to another. The obstacles allows one to gain experience and acknowledge the new world. These experience must be done through many challenges but at the end one will get a good result which they gained.

I dont know if this is a good thesis statement or a good opening paragraph for an essay. Can someone help me?

Plague

HSC
How about the idea that "the idea of the destination is more essential to the journey than the destination itself"???

Power of One

HSC
N/A
You are definitely on the right track. What texts are you studying this year.
We are doing Poems by Peter S Richard the Third, Henry Lawson Short Stories and the non-fiction One man's war, plus of course we have to find related texts. IT is not as easy as everyone thinks especially as I go to a small school with little resources and live way out there. Anyway thanks for your idea it is really good

coolcapsicum

HSC
with the thesis how do u incorporate it in the essay?.. do u literally say that this is my thesis .. or do u just state it.. and hope that the marker will figure it out for themselves...

and one more question.. do u only use the thesis in the intro.. or does every point have to be linked to the thesis

(sorry if these questions are a bit stupid)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
A thesis is always an introduction into the essay. You never say "My thesis on physical journeys is...." because you have to incorporate it into the essay. I always defined what I thought a physical journey is and then went on to state my thesis, depending on the question. Unless you have a really broad thesis (Eg, that all physical journeys brings about enlightenment and change) which you can twist to suit the question at hand, you would probably have to make up some of your thesis on the spot.

It's no good focusing on how beneficial a physical journey is when the question is about the obstacles faced on a journey. Although you can write about the positives of a journey in such an essay, the focus should always be on the obstacles.

But the most important thing is to actually have a thesis of a physical journey, no matter how "weak" or generic. At least this way the markers can see that you have put some thought into the concept and tried to come up with your own interpretation of it.

Prosper

HSC
velox said:
yes it is used in ur introduction and then at the end of each paragraph in an essay. Your points that you bring up should confirm the thesis statement
You need to make it tie in with your topic sentence at the start of the paragraph.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
let.me.die said:
i was wondering.. is this a thesis?
A physical journey is a corporeal experience where an individual moves from one place to another. During this journey, it is the obstacles encountered that challenge the individual which allow the individual to extend themselves physically, intellectually and emotionally.
Yup, that's a thesis. Don't make it too complicated as it takes heaps long when you're trying to talk about it in an essay. :lol:

wellsy22

HSC
i never struggle with thesis statements yet i always get lost throughout my answer. any ideas??

eddy11

HSC
my thesis statements usually are along the lines of overcoming obstacles extend the traveller etc. Problem is im having a bit of trouble explaining how this occurs in PS's crossing the red sea, anyone got a good way of explaining that, cheers

jmevissen

HSC
within a physical journey the psychological and physical elements are intrinsically linked, impacted upon each other the determine the course and ultimate conclusion of the journey. it is this connection between an individuals psyche and external physical elements that gives the physicality of the journey meaning. in isolation of these psychological elements a physical journey would merely be a series of insignificant actions

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Last year of journeys

16 hours till HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)