Thesis Statements on Physical Journeys (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Eagles said:
A physical journey is one which inner growth/development occurs as a direct result of what the traveller has seen/experienced during his physical transition from one place to another.

Thus the traveller have "moved", learned from, and gained valuable life experiences from his journey.

Maybe giving a more insightful view of the world in which he lives.

Just as a side note, on yesterday's episode of "Lost", the Loc guy talks of these "walkabouts" in which the human becomes spiritually attached to the land in his travel.
Modern Hot Chic said:
 No journey, or experience gained from it, is alike
 Physical journeys can take many forms
 There is always something beneficial to be learnt- learning experiences
 Display an overwhelming impact upon the individual
 Physical journeys also institute inner and imaginative journeys
 Test our psychological abilities
 A part of life
 Overcoming of obstacles
 Extension of personal boundaries
 Beginning of a clearer understanding of life
 Nature and effects will depend on the interpretation
 May led to a new life
nick1048 said:
physical journeys give rise to emotional and intellectual ones. Therefore you can have the actual journey occuring literally with the implications of having the persona evolve as a person and go on their own independant spiritual journey.
katie_tully said:
I went to a seminar and met Peter Skrzynecki the other day, and here is his definition of a phys journey.

"All physical journets have questions. Journeys are always made by individuals or groups. Why were these journeys made, what or who was left behind? Some physical journeys end in hardship or death, however all physical journeys result in knowledge being gained"
+Physical journeys challenge grow and defeat those that endeavour it

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
A thesis statement is a statement of your position on the issue you have chosen. It may be a sentence or two, and should announce what you want to argue. It should have three characteristics. *It should attempt to convince readers of something, change their minds about something, or urge them to do something. *It should address a problem for which no easy solution exists or ask a question to which no absolute answer exists. *It should present a position that readers could disagree with realistically. It should be so clear that it leaves no doubt in your mind or the reader's mind about what stand you are going to take about the issue, or what the issue is.

P

prsce24

so is thesis for the introduction of essay or paragraph introduction?

soulshine

HSC
my thesis statement is that physical journeys are commonly instigated by escapism.

Last edited by a moderator:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
prsce24 said:
so is thesis for the introduction of essay or paragraph introduction?
yes it is used in ur introduction and then at the end of each paragraph in an essay. Your points that you bring up should confirm the thesis statement

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Basically, thesis statements is where you elaborate upon the essay question. So if the essay question says "all journeys lead to greater understanding" then your thesis would be, Why? why do physical journeys lead to greater understanding? Then, you would have define what is greater understanding (i.e. Leads to maturity and growth in life) then relate it to your texts.

Also remember to have a topic sentence in the beginning of each of your paragraphs in the body as well as an ending topic sentence. This ensures u get high marks.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
try to make your thesis statement flow into your ideas in your texts

Q

Quynh nhu

Journeys transform the individual and his or her knowledge of the world.
Assess this statement in the light of your understanding of journeys from the texts you have studied.

thesis for that??

hirose

HSC
so is a thesis statement rephrasing of the question?

P

pLuvia

velox said:
A thesis statement is a statement of your position on the issue you have chosen. It may be a sentence or two, and should announce what you want to argue. It should have three characteristics. *It should attempt to convince readers of something, change their minds about something, or urge them to do something. *It should address a problem for which no easy solution exists or ask a question to which no absolute answer exists. *It should present a position that readers could disagree with realistically. It should be so clear that it leaves no doubt in your mind or the reader's mind about what stand you are going to take about the issue, or what the issue is.

nato4

HSC
not precisely - though that is generally the lazy way to create a thesis. :)

let.me.die

HSC
i was wondering.. is this a thesis?
A physical journey is a corporeal experience where an individual moves from one place to another. During this journey, it is the obstacles encountered that challenge the individual which allow the individual to extend themselves physically, intellectually and emotionally.

Jimwahhh

HSC
let.me.die said:
i was wondering.. is this a thesis?
A physical journey is a corporeal experience where an individual moves from one place to another. During this journey, it is the obstacles encountered that challenge the individual which allow the individual to extend themselves physically, intellectually and emotionally.
Thats a bit like mind, which i think is ok. mine's based around the saying "the mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open. basically saying that mroe will be gained from a journey (perspective, insight, personal growth etc) if the journey is undertaken with an open mind and positive attitude.

yssy

HSC
This is a thesis from a high range sample:

"It is true that in many journeys that it is the journey not the arrival that matters, as it is in the experiences that the travellers can extend themselves intellectually or emotionally. In fact, often the arrival creates mixes of emotions, apprehensions and fear of the future or perhaps sadness that what has happened cannot happen again."

And here is one that I prepared earlier...:)

"Events that occur within physical journeys often present experiences that affect the traveller emotionally and intellectually. It is when these experiences or obstacles are overcome that the traveller is exposed to different possibilities to which they grow and evolve as a person. "

Last edited:

NueContura

HSC
Thesis statement for the question : "In a physical journey, it is not the destination, but the journey itself that matters"

sample answer : "Every journey has a destination, an endpoint, a goal. The destination however, is a place for reflection, as it is the journey and the myriad of experiances, both positive and negative that occur, that have true significance."

Tonz3901

HSC
Does anyone else have any good thesis statements on
Physical Journey???
And i was wondering do u think if i change my own elated text now... its a good idea??? ive gone with the same one for the half yearlys and the trials but im not getting the marks i want from it... should i change or is it to late to learn a new text??? :wave: Thanks

diabolical

HSC
soulshine said:
my thesis statement is that physical journeys are commonly instigated by escapism.
Yes, thats a good point, but they are also instigated by curiosity, necessity, and chance.

Remember, it's ok to disagree with your thesis statement, or to expand on it.

Last edited:

AMGeorge

HSC
The thesis is for the introductory paragraph. Basically your essay begins with a short, sharp and concise paragraph that connects the ideas of physical journey as represented through your prescribed, stimulus and related material to the given question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)