The New Latin Cohort (1 Viewer)

Imanuel Redding

HSC
Hey yeah I'm a Latin boy. Extension also. I'm really enjoying Virgil and Lucretius but not so much Livy. His style of writing is no where near the other guys we've read. Anyway there are 4 guys in our continuers class and im the only ext-er. We haven't yet started on Cicero...

Volarath

HSC
Porcia said:
only one person has said their class size - so what makes you think its small?
My my so hostile. I infered it from people's "OMG COOLIES" at being able to talk to other people who do the same subject.

Volarath

HSC
Imanuel Redding said:
I'm really enjoying Virgil and Lucretius but not so much Livy.
I think the thing you have to realise to appreciate Livy is that he wrote his histories so they would seem exciting to the everyday person and intellectual Roman alike.
Alot of his work features speeches by important people, and when we read it they might all seem the same stylistically (ie. we recognize that this is Livy writing a speech pretending to be somebody else), but to the Roman's every one of his character's sounded unique and spoke in their own way, and were the famous people that they had heard about -> exciting stuff.

madsta

HSC
Heya cool latin buddies!!!! (cough cough) hehe
OMG is that Gasnier???? he's so hot right now........ glad he's movin 2 union he's much 2 hot 4 league.......
anyways i so happen to HATE latin grammar with a passion.... so if anyone has some tips for learning anything that i won't keel over and die doing... that would be really useful!!!!!
btw my hsc says 2007 coz i'm doin pathways, but im doing latin this yr.

ciao!!!!

Jermir Caesar

HSC
N/A
I have a tip that may be considered turpis... but is useful nonetheless. Print out two sets of A4 sheets with grammar rules, conjugations, declensions, numerals, ordinals, pronouns, and the like. Take them to a copy store and get them laminated. Carry one set around with you to school and use them as a reference whenever you study. Leave the other set in a basket in your bathroom to browse when you are seated on the throne.

I guarantee you that you will remember everything on the sheets by the time the trials come, without contracting an alien mutation of polio, if you do that - plus make sure you lava your manus and don't mix the two sets of sheets up.

Trillium

HSC
if you mean that guy, madsta *points down* it's Gasnier. And i shall mourn him when he goes :)
I'll have to change that pic, come to think of it.
There's only four people in my latin class, and we're the last one our school's sending through. They tried to cancel it on us after year 10, but we made them change their minds *smiles*
I will definately be printing off some grammar. It's killing me.
~Trill

lon1510

HSC
salvete amici (lol)

just wondering how everyones latin (and extension latin if u do it...i do) half yearly exams went! what sort of marks is everyone getting?
lol i'm essentially checking out the competition haha
hope everyone did good :)

Imanuel Redding

HSC
Jermir that sounds like a fully sick idea. Now all i need are enough notes to fill an A4 page, and with my handle on grammer its not bloody likely. Ah well I'll see what I can do. Thanks again for the tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)