The King School Why so much (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
jonodevculibao said:
seein as the main point of high school is to get a good education, which cant be bought, hence kings 80th ranking.
The idea is that 'education' shouldn't be just about the marks.

Zephyrio

HSC
youngminii said:
Myeh, say what you want
My friend got 99.95 by going to Kings
You can't bag out people for paying money to go to a school
LOL.

Yeah, your friend totes got 99.95 because he went to Kings.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
Lalala there's nothing wrong with paying to go to a BETTER EQUIPPED school

So please. Stop crying about people who have more money than you. Get a better job and make them cry in the future.
Well, technically they're parents are the ones with all the money. Also, there's this mindset that if a student goes to a private school they must be rich. I mean, you don't have to be loaded to go to a private school. Think of the amount of money some people spend on tutoring expenses and stuff. Some parents might send their children to private schools not because they're rich but because they think that a private school would best cater to their child's educational development (not that I endorse this idea).

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
aussie-boy said:
Well when 25+ teachers have PhDs (about 1/7), wages would be fairly expensive

Then there are living costs for the artist and composer in residence at the school's houses

And the $30,000 budget musicals

Plus buying 12 acres of land in Paddington when White city got sold recently

a 1 million dollar organ, about 30 pianos (including 4 grands)

20+ science labs?

class sizes of 1-16

hiring out the opera house for speech day
I do hope this school doesn't qualify for any government funding when other schools can barely afford the basics.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
yeah you're right....al lot of people sacrifice a lot to go to these schools and don't have "rich" lifesyles at all...
If you're replying with a sarcastic tone, which I believe you are, then one word (yes, I'll be stereotypical here, because I can): Asians. Asian parents can sacrifice heaps, spending all their money on education and on nothing else.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
sikhman said:
haha.....sorry to break it to you, but i am pretty sure grammar gets gov funding....as do most private schools in the state....
Your school doesn't really deserve funding if its going to be spent on something like a rifle range. I respect your parents' choice to spend the money to send you to Kings but I don't think you're neccesarily getting a better education due to their choice or the massive facilities at Kings, when you get out in the real world you'll find not everything is as well funded.

And anyway, wouldn't the money be better spent on health? My parents pay a bomb on private health.

HSC
TBK11 said:
Does anyone attend The King's School from what ive herd its around $22,000 per year lol i was just wondering why does it cost so much you get the same facilities at a government high school yes/no?

why so much what could possible cost that much that its 22k a year for yr10+
EFFING LOL @ YOU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)