The HSC is unfair because.... (1 Viewer)

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
The HSC is unfair because it give me a fat gut; seriously I couldn't stop eating during exam times, there were chocolate and potato chip wrappers all over the house.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Mmmm chocolate! I swear I went through so many Freddos and blocks of chocolate during exams... well actually just throughout the whole year! If i'd saved all the money I spent on chocolate I'd probably be rich right now... so the HSC is unfair cos it made me spend all my money on junk :D

pink668

HSC
the hsc is unfair because in every exam i was plagued with a migraine due to the lack of sleep, not because i was cramming... but rather, because i could not get to sleep... i would crawl into bed at 10pm and lie waking there until 7am, unable to drift off into slumberland. thus, my perfromance during the exams were not at an optimum... and therefore, it does not really reflect the amount of effort and time i had placed...

i attribute the stress to the image of hsc perpertrated by all those around me, teachers, media etc... they said "one of the biggest hurdles you will ever face in life", made it sound it like he "be all and end all"... when i got into exam room, the exam was not as hard as they had portrayed it... (am i making sense?) but then my mind was so clouded- i couldnt find answers to the questions...

secondly, my assessment mark pulled me down heaps, there was a chance i could get a premier award... for the exam mark i got in the 90s... i had 9 units of band 6s, exc. with chemistry where instead, i got 89... that one mark costed a 'little dream' of mine ever since year 7... (i know it sounds sad...)

additionally, i agree with previous posts about the unfair distribution of resources and teachers... wanna hear about my chem teacher (head teacher of science) who we got from term 2 onwards? didnt teach us anything, dictating from textbooks, for first half of lesson- he would tell us 'supposedly funny' anecdotes just to warm the class up- this meant that we only had 40 minutes of lesson time, did not teach us the shipwrecks unit- he told us to download material from hsc online, we only did one prac experiment out of the dozens prescribed in syllabus... that was all he did... my prelim chem teacher wasnt any good either, he was a new teacher who had ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING and yet this was his first gig, teaching a bunch of year 11 chem students... this resulted in my rather, shaky chemistry foundation... by end of year 11, he was sacked but alas, it was too late, the damage had already been caused... a handful of students dropped, i considered dropping but then decided against it...

many of bos members have stated that hsc is not the "be all and end all", merely a bridge to your desired career path... sure, you can take other routes and still reach your destination, but it costs more time and effort... all the opportunities slipping away from one's fingers...

i apologise for my rambling, it's just i had this bottling up inside of me for so long... (i kept telling myself that i had already gotten over it but the truth was far from that) i remember crying when i saw my uai, not out of happiness but because of sadness... but this little 'uai' is only the beginning... there is still uni... there is still the workforce...

the hsc is unfair... but in life, must things are...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)