The General "How did you go in Modern?" Thread (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
This is where you share all your quirky exam stories, vent about the exam as a whole, or about getting paper cuts from Board of Studies writing books.

So how did you all go?

I'm sure you all did fine, so don't stress!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
hehe its not even 12pm and ash has allready made subthreads, what a dedicated mod :p

ok now i'll leave since i dont do modern :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They haven't given me mod powers in this forum so I can't sticky things! Argh! Also... I'm really just procrastinating on uni work, I have three essays due in less than a week....

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Section 2 and Section 3 for your convenience

Wasnt sure about copywrite for Source Booklet

P.S. Think i did well 65% ish, which is good for 40% on the trials :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Wow thanks for scanning that for us.... for me in particular hehe since I am probably the only one who will be posting in this forum who didn't sit the exam.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
that exam was really good, im pretty confident, i thought ww1 was the hardest section compared to germany,speer and indochina :p i dunno im jus weird.,..perhaps coz i didnt study for ww1 mayb the reason

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Yeah I’m very happy with the exam. WW1, Indochina and Riefenstahl were straightforward. My only concern is my response on the Stalingrad essay, however that should be alright. All in all I’m happy.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i was so happy with the exam
i knew two things really well for both Russia and Arab - Israeli
and they were both in there i was stoked
and WWI was the easiest its been in yrs

fivebyfive

HSC
Thats interesting...i didn't mind the test THAT much...but i can never guess how well I'm going to do. My essays always end up somewhat story like...:S
Um but i talked to my modern history teacher and he said that it was the hardest exam paper since the new syllabus was introduced...
I laughed out loud when i read the World War One stuff!!! PEACE MOVEMENTS! who in their right mind studies PEACE!

jen23

i loved WW1, that was funny. the short answer ones were so cool i was loving it. i didnt like arab israeli... the questions were ok and i shouldve liked it, but i had a mental blank and forgot stuff. oh well. over now!

M

mick18

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
hehe its not even 12pm and ash has allready made subthreads, what a dedicated mod :p

ok now i'll leave since i dont do modern :p
No wonder you have so many fricken posts. You're useless.

M

mick18

Supra said:
that exam was really good, im pretty confident, i thought ww1 was the hardest section compared to germany,speer and indochina :p i dunno im jus weird.,..perhaps coz i didnt study for ww1 mayb the reason
Your sig is RIIIIICE!!!

margot

lalala...
HSC
ww1 was so good, just what i was expecting too! so that was really good. didnt like russia too much, loved trotsky questions, hated cold war... was ok overall i guess...

whitelove

HSC
who wasn't loving the first part in the source questions...
it was so damn straightforward, writing one country after the other. Simply looking at the table and matching it with the question.

M

mick18

whitelove said:
who wasn't loving the first part in the source questions...
it was so damn straightforward, writing one country after the other. Simply looking at the table and matching it with the question.
It's always like that mate

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
Fuck, I was so glad there wasnt a creative question. Even though I already had a poem memorised in my brain about Speer, when I saw that it was essay based my mind went "SCORE!".
I looked around the room, everyone else seemed to be pretty happy that they didnt throw a 'story' in.
My story for the trials was really crap, probably why I did so badly.

All in all, what a simple exam.

nuffy

fivebyfive said:
I laughed out loud when i read the World War One stuff!!! PEACE MOVEMENTS! who in their right mind studies PEACE!
champion for that quote

wwi was a joke it was so easy, germany was pretty good, speer was easy, cold war was a bit harder but hopefully i did alrite

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
fivebyfive said:
Thats interesting...i didn't mind the test THAT much...but i can never guess how well I'm going to do. My essays always end up somewhat story like...:S
Um but i talked to my modern history teacher and he said that it was the hardest exam paper since the new syllabus was introduced...
that was funny for me cos it was the only area i studied for my trial, and it was one of the only areas i didn't go near this time around. but it was piss easy, u could just use the sources really.

i blitzed my indo essay, 12 pages is my record. niice. i am such a gun. :D

china...i was a bit vague in my 20mk one, i left it til last, but the 2 sun essays were pie. (as in easy as...) especially the biog one, they didn't even give a time frame (eg to 1911) like they have before. if anything i wrote too much. (3.5 pages each, small writing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)