The 2004 HSC - Earth & Environmental Science paper (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
hmm..can't say i'm too happy with that paper either..although it's my fault..i didn't do enough work because those tests are always relatively easy..and that one could have been if i'd studied properly......eh..it's done..i don't really care anymore.. :rolleyes:

todd2230

abstract tectonic supercycle question was a joke

i think the majority of the paper was pretty easy, i was pretty annoyed with that abstract question, they could of made it more meaningful rather than some crappy cartoon.. otherwise was good

grimmo

yeh!

wow, this is great news! Well that every1 thought it was dodgie... i thought it was just our class having a whinge after the exam. ohh well its over now.. time to chuck out all my earth stuff *tear.

Good luck. :p Kate xx

Simmey

HSC
I thought that the exam was ok. Half the stuff i was stressing about wasnt in there like acid rain and SO2 aerosols and all this shit. There was practically nothing on the evolution of life in terms of plants and stuff.
The question with the 3 structures was stupid. I just related each of them to stages of the super-cycle and thats about all. I found the whole this was really airy fairy.
The multiple choice were difficult in the sense that the way they were worded was difficult, like Q10 'Which of the following best describes the organisms that formed the first-known stromatolies'
it was either
b) sediment trapping cyanobacteria that lived in the archaen
or
c) mound-building filamentous green algae that lived in the proterozoic.
Here's my dilemma. i dont know what filamentous is and i had never heard of sediment trapping cyanobacteria and they lived in both the archaen and the proterozoic!
i dunno about that one, i cant remember which one i ended up choosing

Anyway, introduced species rocked my socks! it was excellent! Because i actually hadnt studied intro species until10 mins before the exam so hopefully i went ok!

cheers xoxo

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah that multi choice question was easy... everyone knows stromatolites r linked to cyanobacteria so it had to be that...
intro species was easy as 25/25 for sure :D

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, the multiple choice was straight forward, wit the data logger shit, i remember askin my teacher if we needed 2 do that cause there is one dot point about computer simulations in2 the cambrain explosion, and he was like, oh, its a los of shit, just get it off the net, but it was pretty easy 2 shit on about this, as for intro species, it was damn easy but the 8 mark question was basically, write stuff about ur knowledge in this topic, 2 fuken broad, anyway, still damn easy, bit longer than i was expecting, i was onli finished wit about 1/2 hour 2 go so that suprised me, anyway, now 2 wait 4 the results, that was my last exam so im goin out 4 a big one 2nite, gud luck in other exams peoples
-dawso

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah that 8 marker was easy , it has a page on it in our text books.. that abiotic and bioitic factors of the environment that r effected by the intro species.. also the biotic and abiotic factors of the environment that have to be right for a species to become a pest.

Caboodles

Argh I found the exam rather tricky...compared to others I have done. I even thought the catholic paper was easier. I think the reason was because I was sick at the time of the HSC exam!:(
I even stuffed up the multiple choice- i finished early and decided to change the answers- dammit!
Lol ah well I wish it just could've been my half yearly where I got 95%.....ah well.
I must agree that the introduced species question was reasonable, it was the part I could handle :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)