The 2004 HSC - Drama Paper (1 Viewer)

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
hmm ... the paper just ended ... now we wait ! :)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
McLake said:
Post it for rep ...
i tried but my scanner is acting up... *pouts*

I'll type:

I. Australian Drama and Theatre

'"Australian plays have been concerned with questions of belonging - to another person, a family, to a social group, to society.'

Discuss this statement with reference to the performance styles and dramatic forms and conventions of the Australian plays you have studied.

In your answer, refer to AT LEAST TWO texts for the topic you have studied.

II. Studies in Drama and Theatre

Theatre of the Absurd

'The plays of the Theatre of the Absurd may seem illogical and meaningless, but in performance they make a lot of sense.'

Discuss this statement, focusing on how the plays use stylistic features, including comedy and the illogical, to explore serious issues.

In your answer, refer to Waiting for Godot and TWO other plays set for study.

MORE COMING...

welshi

HSC
3. Irish Drama

“the characters in Irish drama are all talk and no action.”

Discuss this statement, focusing on the use of spoken dialogue and physical action to represent Ireland and the Irish on stage.

In your answer, refer to TWO of the plays set for study.

4. Brecht

Analyse the dramatic techniques that Brecht used in order to bring large and complex issues onto the stage in ways that are theatrically clear and striking.

In your answer, refer to TWO of the plays set for study.

5. Envirnomental, Street and Event theatre

How do the techniques used in environmental, street and event theatre fulfill the performance makers’ goals by engaging the imagination of the audience?

In your answer, you should refer to the performance makers you have studied, and your own experience.

Qs 6-8 coming...

welshi

HSC
6. Meyerhold

“Meyerhold tried to make theatre more real by making it more theatrical.”

Discuss this statement with reference to Meyerhold’s theories of acting, including the use of mask and the grotesque.

7. American drama

How do American plays go beyond the conventions of realism in order to confront the audience with social and personal issues?

In your answer, refer to TWO plays set for study.

8. Seventeenth Century comedy

“Beneath the glittering costumes, stylish manners and the wit and English and French society lay its foolishness and sleaze.”

How does the performance of seventeenth century comedy expose and/or celebrate these elements?

In your answer, refer to The Misanthrope and ONE other text set for study.

O-B-1 Ken-O-B

HSC
Sigh... Australian theatre was okay... but damn do they need to ask about "belonging" to something...? I sorta bull$hitted in that essay, while sticking to my pre-prepared generic essay.

Brecht was like "WTF!? That's so general!". I've actually written down all of my generic essay in that section!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
They really could've found a beter contemporary question

Meyerhold rocked though!
I read Mayherhold, it sounded interesting actually :)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Glad the Meyerhold people like it. Irish was SHITHOUSE! Talk about narrowing the rubric!

pungpui

HSC
aust theatre question was really broad...but THEY COULD AVE THOUGHT OF A MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD QUOTE!!! WTF DID IT MEAN!?!

matty_boi17

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
great paper!!
well for me anyway :p
I'm with you! Everyone seems to have favoured one question over the other but I actually really enjoyed both questions... the paper was completely doable.. at least the Aust Theatre and Absurd questions were... I thought.. :D

chiken_lips

I thought Australian theatre was ok - thas if they'll accept it being twisted in your direction.... But absurd was a lil weird with the whole "you understand it in performance" - But hey! nothing you can do bout it now!

*dragon*

HSC
mcstraw said:
Aust. contemp. great. American great.
i'm glad u thought it was so good matt! there wasnt enough time! i could have written more but im so slow... all well... its over YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)