The 2004 HSC - Community & Family Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

Bobbie

it was crapo

Yeah the exam was pretty crap well multiple choice, short answer bits were alright but the rest was just craply worded questions except for some. Had a bloody headache and went home and spewed. :vcross:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yeah I'm thinking of writing to the board and explaining how they made what could be a good course crap. I don't know how many of them passed English but the wording of questions were very vague. Some of the multiple choice were rediculous, especially 5 because you had no way of measuring scale. Glad its over. How many people left early? There were only 4 people left at 5PM in my class.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
yeah i think i agree with making it known how crapeth the exam was! I would have taken my trial anyday compared to that!.
Most of the people in my year stayed for the whole time (there's 2 classes), but by 5pm, i was buggered!
Your right.. tricky wording on the questions!

ChRiS_2004

Well for me i was quite disappointed with the CAFS paper. I thought it would have been alot easier. It was definately harder. I couldnt judge how much you should write for a 10 mark question. i felt really stuffed around. I was pleased wiht the groups in context questions easy as. Parenting was stupid and Individuals and work was a stuff up. Hey, i ran out of time in the end to do the last essay so what i did for individuals and work was do a plan but instead of writing things about workplace structures i worte about workplace supports. I think i am not going to do well in that question. What do you think i could get for that particular question? Well i thought i was really prepared for that exam. I was the only one left in the exam at 5pm yesterday. The software design class were so annoying and i couldnt concentrate at all coz they were stuffing around. Welll, i thought i could get the first band 6 for CAFS at our school but looks like i wont. GoOd LuCk!!!!

ChRiS_2004

chris_gleeson24 said:
Hey, i ran out of time in the end to do the last essay so what i did for individuals and work was do a plan but instead of writing things about workplace structures i worte about workplace supports. I think i am not going to do well in that question. What do you think i could get for that particular question?
For this question there was detail about whether it was positive or negative in meeting needs and said what needs were met for each workplace support. Then tryed to start a conclusion and told me pens down. So an intor was done too.

Last edited by a moderator:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm well i had like 50 minutes for each ext response i probably could have managed it better if i knew how much i was meant to write for the 8/10/12 mark questions.. *growls*
multiple choice was too ambiguous i found.. im heading for a 6/7 in there when i usually get full marks

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Most of the class left before 5pm. It's pretty selfish of them not to put an effort in because the whole group suffers. :vcross:

The exam was crap. MC and long answers were the worst. The Groups in Context and Individuals and Work questions annoyed me a lot. :vcross:

I agree that the Board of studies has really stuffed up this subject. It could be so much better than the load of hoo ha it is. Everyone hates the way the course is but they could like it if some adjustments were made. :vcross:

mishka

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
multiple choice was too ambiguous i found.. im heading for a 6/7 in there when i usually get full marks
totally agree. one of them, i think it was 5, the one with the graphs, was a tricky one... but i chose C, purely based on what i thought was the more "appropriate" graph to use :uhhuh:

elizarose

I completely disagree that was the hardest paper out of my whole hsc, even adv english was harder than this. Judging by the past papers 2001-2003 they have been steadilygetting harder and this year really topped the cake!! This was a subject which i felt really confident uin as it wasn't immensely challenging and i enjoyed it. I think the board of studies is trying to change the mentality that this subject is a push over andthat only 'dumb' people do it and change this to a more academic subject. NOT IMPRESSED!!

elizarose

DOWN WITH THE BOAR OF STUDIES (deliberate spelling error!)

chris_gleeson24 said:
I couldnt judge how much you should write for a 10 mark question. i felt really stuffed around.
The fact that the groups and parenting questions were structured completely different to the options question as well left the length of my response questionable.
I thought the whole structure of the last question. was a joke. The fact that in comparison to every other exam the marking structure has been 4. 6. 15. and not this 5. 8. 12. bull sh*t. What's the story???
It was stupid because i was so used to having all my questions out of the usual marks and knowing the right amount to write and not having to just guess... i over wrote on the groups in context question and definately under wrote on the individuals and work question.
I also thoguht the multiple choice questions were really hard and not as straight forward as they usuallly are!! :mad:
I think i have lost hope in getting my desired band 6. :mad: DAMN the Board of Studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vcross:

Last edited by a moderator:

django_

HSC
ugh i didnt know we could leave the exam early...!!! i finished at 4:30 so yeh i couldve left huh...bah now i know so my other exams...fucking hate cafs who gives a shit its a shit course!!!!!

does anyhere here go to domremy in five dock? theres a teacher there...ms turnbull...she was my cafs teacher last yr n she made me love it!!! but she left...the new teacher we got made me hate it fuckin bitch arrrghhh!!! anyyyways....

angel_babe

HSC
I Thought that test was crap!

My school forced people to stay for the full exam time, and its quite stupid. i thought that exam was ridiculous! the questions did not make any sense, and the question topics werent even in the syllabus. I would fully go ahead and complain to the Board of Studies.

My teacher (who is a HSC marker by the way) said that there would never be a question about teachers as carers (1st question on parenting and caring). And the fact that most of that stuff in the exam i hadnt learnt from my class teaher, or any relevent textbooks (or study guides for that matter), i actually learnt some of it from Legal Studies, and some from personal experience (in work and work experience). i thought i'd never seen a more "stupid' exam ever! I think i'm looking for a band 4 if possible! However, if a\everyone goes bad at the exam, they will lower the marks for the bands, and hopefully scale up the marks!?!?!

I agree with all of you, it was stupid.... go ahead and complain!!!

angel_babe :) :rolleyes: :read: :evilfire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)