Textual integrity and gwen harwood (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
textual integrity is how well a text stands up to different readings right?

like if her poetry can only really be considered relevant from one set of contexts/values it doesn't possess much textual integrity

i'm pretty sure that's what it means

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
okay, so a text that has good textual integrity means that there is more than one valued reading that comes from it. thus we can deomstrate it has good textual integrity by writing about 2 different readings on a poem..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
basically yeah, because it stands up to a variety of readings, ie its relevance is not limited to one set of values or one context

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
This module is going to hurt my brain. I dont know how i'm going to find two readings that will link and tie in with each other.. i think i'm going to cry.. Gwen harwood is so not critical study material

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
mine don't really tie in with each other, i did marxist and symbolist. but that was for yeats, not harwood

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i called up the HSC advice line and they said it is best that i do two poems with two readings. Also, to make their lenghts longer, i should also try to talk about every technique of the poem and not let the readings drown out the structure of it. I'm so clueless with this module-especially with Gwen Harwood. Its the only one that let me down in my trial :(

miffytoki

HSC
i may be wrong...i don't even study this text...but i thought textual integrity (when i study cloudstreet this is our definition) anyway its how well the text is supported by its use of form, structure, language, ideas etc etc...its basically what makes the text work....all the supporting components.

brookeM

HSC
hi =]
i beleive both of the above interpretations of what is textual integrity are right but i thought i would just give an overview of what i learnt aswell because you seem to still be upset
textual integrity is testing how good/whether readings of Gwen's poetry MAKE SENSE. if you read a persons perspective and think it is out of nowhere and think "as if thats what its about", it most probably has little textual integrity if any at all. if you read it and think "WOW yeh that makes the peom make more sense, thats probably where gwens coming from", and agree with them it has strong textual integrity as it proves gwens work can be read and interpretated (makes sense) to many of the READERS.
??? i babbled a bit does that help? i have an assessment on this topic today :S

GMstudent

HSC
Textual Intehrity means a text can be read and be valid at different periods of time and to varied audiences. It also refers to the extent to which the text makes internal sense, leading the responder to ask if it makes sense in its own boundaries, if it asks questions about life and society THEn answers them etc... :) hope that helps

repfan

HSC
all the qualities that make it a complete poem

hope that helps if anyone can help me i have a 5 min speech on themes in the poems plz help

phileup

HSC
im pretty sure that textual integrity was the purpose and mood of the poem being supported by the laguage and form etc.
the different readings was a sepertae thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)