Switching degrees completely - need help (1 Viewer)

kirbei.17

HSC
Hi,

I am currently studying at USYD for an Applied Science in Diagnostic Radiography degree but I no longer am interested in the health field and would like to switch to UNSW Computer Science. Some people have been telling me to apply through UAC through ATAR (?) but I'm not sure how that would work. How would I switch degrees and university's?

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That is correct. You can apply for UNSW's Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) through UAC, just as you would if you were a year 12 student. UNSW will assess your application using your ATAR. If you have completed at least one year of full-time study at USyd, UNSW can assess your application based on your university results or your ATAR, whichever gives you a better chance of receiving an offer. Make sure to include any additional documents (for instance, a document outlining your results at USyd) that might be required as part of your application. It would be a good idea to contact UNSW to confirm what exactly you need to include as part of your UAC application.

Once you receive an offer, you may need to make an application for credit transfer so that you avoid having to start your new degree from the very beginning. This can be done using the following link:

On a separate note, have you considered transferring to an equivalent degree at USyd? Unless you intend on attending UNSW specifically, an internal transfer could be less complex to initiate, not to mention the fact that you would still attend the same university, instead of having to adjust to a new university. USyd offers a Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Computer Science), which seems to be consistent with your current interests:

I hope this helps! :D

kirbei.17

HSC
That is correct. You can apply for UNSW's Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) through UAC, just as you would if you were a year 12 student. UNSW will assess your application using your ATAR. If you have completed at least one year of full-time study at USyd, UNSW can assess your application based on your university results or your ATAR, whichever gives you a better chance of receiving an offer. Make sure to include any additional documents (for instance, a document outlining your results at USyd) that might be required as part of your application. It would be a good idea to contact UNSW to confirm what exactly you need to include as part of your UAC application.

Once you receive an offer, you may need to make an application for credit transfer so that you avoid having to start your new degree from the very beginning. This can be done using the following link:

On a separate note, have you considered transferring to an equivalent degree at USyd? Unless you intend on attending UNSW specifically, an internal transfer could be less complex to initiate, not to mention the fact that you would still attend the same university, instead of having to adjust to a new university. USyd offers a Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Computer Science), which seems to be consistent with your current interests:

I hope this helps! :D
Hi,

Thanks for your input. Would I need to attach any proof of my 2021 HSC results/ ATAR? Or would they already know through the system's information (such as since I put my High School).

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Thanks for your input. Would I need to attach any proof of my 2021 HSC results/ ATAR? Or would they already know through the system's information (such as since I put my High School).

Thanks
No worries. Since this is a new application to UAC, it would be a good idea to include your ATAR Advice Notice, which is the document that UAC issues that states your ATAR as well as the subjects that you took and their unit value/units included in the calculation of your ATAR. Your ATAR is the element that UNSW is primarily interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)