Subjects related to Graphic Design? (1 Viewer)

kolleechu

HSC

In Year 10 and selecting subjects for the following year. Interested in choosing Business, Legal, Finance, as well as Graphic Design. The subjects being endorsed by my school, with information provided by the selection handbook (that I assume are somewhat related to GD) are:

Visual Design (1U or 2U, no major work, hsc exam)

However mostly "practical" over usage of illustration programs, i.e. implementing artistic materials and equipment such as art diaries, paint, charcoal, etc.​

Visual Arts (Board Dev., Major Work, HSC Exam, 2U)

Mostly studies theory, processes, criticism; theory.​

Design and Technology (Board Dev, ATAR, Major Work, HSC Exam)
I have no prior experience or outlook on this subject, hopefully somebody can elaborate for me. I assumed this is the subject that would relate the most to aspects of Graphic Design.​
"Students will investigate the importance of evaluation, the role of
computer-based technologies, management, communication and collaborative design, as well as exploring
current and emerging technologies. Through the completion of quality design projects, students are provided
with the opportunity to develop specific production and manufacturing skills."​

Yes, I could always take a course in TAFE, however I'd prefer to look at my options at school for something I enjoy doing while studying a TAFE course that would contribute to what I want to do in the future. I am planning to speak to Head Teachers during the week, but I'd also like to get a second opinion from people who have a better perspective as a student deciding between subjects.

Thank you ^_^;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)