Hahahah...ha

HSC
Hello everyone!

I wanted to do the following subjects in Year 12:

-Extension Two Mathematics
-Extension One English
-Continuers and Extension Japanese
-Modern History

Due to NESA requirements, I need to do 4 subjects for HSC, however, these subjects altogether are twelve units and I was wondering whether I need to do well in all twelve units or I could just do the minimum requirement for one of them (Modern History) and concentrate on the rest in more detail?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I think you should see how you go with continuers Jap and Ext1 maths in Year 11 before jumping straight into the deep end. Remember that ext Jap and EXT2 maths start in year 12, not 11.

Hahahah...ha

HSC
Yes, that is true, however, those are the two subjects I really love and am extremely likely not to drop. I just wanted to see the options I might have in Year 11 if I don't perform poorly.

quickoats

HSC
Whilst NESA mandates a minimum of 4 different subjects, UAC uses your top 2 units of English and top 8 units of other subjects (so you don't need to make sure your modern marks are good). If you don't do the modern exam at all, you won't get an ATAR since you have not fulfilled the requirements. If you walk into the exam, write some gibberish, guess the multiple choice and get like 15%, you will receive an ATAR since you've completed the course.

I wouldn't recommend slacking off in year 11 modern because you may not be doing all the extension subjects that you planned to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)