SUBJECT SELECTIONS (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Hey I’m in year 10 atm and it’s time to pick our subjects. Right now I have 11 units: MX1, Bio, Chem, English advanced, Business studies. I’m just wondering if I should do a bludge 1 unit subject or actually try out physics. Im in top 5 selective schools and for physics we have had a depth study and a topic test and I have ranked top 5 for both, however I find it hard to grasp the content. If I did pick physics and i didn’t enjoy it would it be a good idea to use those periods to work on other subjects. In year 12 I’m definitely changing to 4U and so if I do pick physics I’m going to drop a 2U subject anyway

c8

HSC
Have you considered the workload of doing three sciences? I cannot personally attest to it but I know many say it's got it's own challenges and some schools don't allow it or make sure the students are capable of doing so. Of course if you did well in year 10 physics that wouldn't be a problem but it's something to think about. I also wouldn't chose a subject that's a 'bludge' subject as you may find that you don't enjoy one of your other subjects and then you're in the position of not knowing what to drop. It's better to be flexible and chose something you enjoy (everyone always says this but seriously pick a subject you enjoy) so that you'll be more motivated to do well. If you chose a subject and bludge in it, you're almost condemning yourself to failure and then you're limited to either having to put heaps of work into it or forced to drop it and unable to drop anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)