Studying strategy help (1 Viewer)

Annabeth_35

HSC
I have finished memorising my content for SOR and English(unit summaries). So from last week I made the decision to stop memorising all the content that I have left which is bio and business and then doing past papers. Now instead I am doing past papers so that way I am applying content through questions and also by going back to my content I am learning it as well. Just wanted to know if that was a smart decision to make or not? especially for bio and biz like I am worried that since I stopped memorising all my content first, that might not have been a good idea because what if by the time the HSC exams come for it, I haven't learnt all my content? Like for bio I still have a bit of mod 5, half of mod 7, and the whole of mod 6 and mod 8 left to memorise, whereas with business I have half of marketing and the whole of finance and HR left to memorise, as well as, the case studies for them. Would it be smarter that when I am learning content through a past paper Q, I should memorise more than that? for e.g., if a question asks about what internal source of debt should be recommended be for this business, should I also memorise all of the internal sources of debt and not only the recommended one the question asked?
Also, I technically started past papers for business, english and SOR from this previous week so the 2 weeks we have would that be enough, like especially with english? Sorry, also how many past papers should be recommended for english in these 2 weeks since its the first one?
(I know these are too many questions sorry but I am just stressed all of a sudden because I feel like I won't be prepared enough)

GoldenMelon

HSC
I don’t do bio or business but I feel you should definitely try to memorise all the content first. Although you can attempt some past papers since it will show you what areas you are missing knowledge in and hence should revisit. Have the syllabus out next to you when you are memorising and make sure you can recall knowledge for every syllabus dot point. If you come across a syllabus dot point that gives you a mind blank then you need to revise that area. :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with the above. Regarding Business Studies, I suggest considering the following sequence/strategy, including which stage you believe you have reached:

One of the most important things to do as a starting point is to revisit the syllabus document and ensure you are familiar with (and remember) the structure of each HSC topic, allowing you to correctly identify specific concepts to elaborate on within your responses (where applicable).

To support your knowledge of the content, another important thing to do is to ensure your study notes are of good quality, i.e. compact, yet concise. In addition to this, your notes should cover all of the syllabus dot points. Ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of the content is also essential, and should be done by going through your notes until you feel comfortable and confident in your ability to effectively manipulate Business Studies content.

Similar to the importance of thoroughly knowing and understanding Business Studies content, your knowledge and understanding of relevant case study material is also quite important. Ensure you have your case study material ready to be used within your Section IV response. The case study material to be incorporated into your response will depend on the topic that the question covers, meaning you should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of case studies relevant to each topic.

It is definitely good to know that you are determining areas of improvement and addressing those as you progress further. Once all of the above is complete, the next step is to complete past HSC exam papers. Doing so will likely be the easiest within the multiple-choice section, and may require some assistance with Section II, Section III and Section IV responses. If possible, seeking feedback on your responses from your teacher would be a good way of doing so. Alternatively, feel free to post any Business Studies questions that you may have on BoS.

You may also be interested in participating/contributing to the Business Studies Marathon:

I hope this helps! 😄

Annabeth_35

HSC
I don’t do bio or business but I feel you should definitely try to memorise all the content first. Although you can attempt some past papers since it will show you what areas you are missing knowledge in and hence should revisit. Have the syllabus out next to you when you are memorising and make sure you can recall knowledge for every syllabus dot point. If you come across a syllabus dot point that gives you a mind blank then you need to revise that area. :)
but wouldn't it be too late now to try memorising all the content first within these 2 weeks? that way there will be less time to do past papers

Annabeth_35

HSC
I agree with the above. Regarding Business Studies, I suggest considering the following sequence/strategy, including which stage you believe you have reached:

One of the most important things to do as a starting point is to revisit the syllabus document and ensure you are familiar with (and remember) the structure of each HSC topic, allowing you to correctly identify specific concepts to elaborate on within your responses (where applicable).

To support your knowledge of the content, another important thing to do is to ensure your study notes are of good quality, i.e. compact, yet concise. In addition to this, your notes should cover all of the syllabus dot points. Ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of the content is also essential, and should be done by going through your notes until you feel comfortable and confident in your ability to effectively manipulate Business Studies content.

Similar to the importance of thoroughly knowing and understanding Business Studies content, your knowledge and understanding of relevant case study material is also quite important. Ensure you have your case study material ready to be used within your Section IV response. The case study material to be incorporated into your response will depend on the topic that the question covers, meaning you should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of case studies relevant to each topic.

It is definitely good to know that you are determining areas of improvement and addressing those as you progress further. Once all of the above is complete, the next step is to complete past HSC exam papers. Doing so will likely be the easiest within the multiple-choice section, and may require some assistance with Section II, Section III and Section IV responses. If possible, seeking feedback on your responses from your teacher would be a good way of doing so. Alternatively, feel free to post any Business Studies questions that you may have on BoS.

You may also be interested in participating/contributing to the Business Studies Marathon:

I hope this helps! 😄
oh ok so you also recommend learning all content first then? because that's the thing I feel that since there's too much content, I won't have enough time for past paper questions. But then its also essential for me to know my content so that way I can practice questions under time, otherwise I will just keep doing questions while going over my content. I am just really confused on what to do now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)