Students of 2005 calculate the band cut offs for the 2005 HSC maths exam! (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
NOTE: If ur not in the mood to read the whole post, just read the highlighted parts, ur contribution will be greatly appreciated

OK, seeing as there's been much controversy over the RAW mark needed to obtain an aligned mark of 90%, I have created this thread so that we "the class of 2005" can calculate the 2005 RAW band cut offs ourselves. We may even be able to calculate the RAW band cut offs for not just an aligned mark of 90% but 80% and 70% as well!

Ok, now this is how it will work:

Everyone who wishes to shall post an accurate estimate of what they predict their RAW mark to be for the 2005 HSC mathematics exam, give or take 5 mark estimates will be acceptable, although predictions of closer accuracy will be even better!

seeing as this is maths, most of us would know whether we have answered a question correctly or not!...as to those who are unsure then by all means u r not obliged to post a prediction...check the threads with some solutions to answers to help u make a more accurate prediction (most ppl have already predicted their marks, but it would be better if they were all collected in this one thread)

When everyone posts their predictions, from then on, the wait begins. We will wait until the results are released (the 16th of December) and at that stage everyone should edit their own post, and hence enter their HSC EXAM mark next to their prediction. If a lot of ppl enter for example a mark of say 100/120, and the average HSC exam mark for those who think they achieved a RAW mark of 100/120, is similar it will be easy to determine in exactly what range the band 6, band 5 or any band cut off lies in....the greater the amount of submissions , the more accurate our predictions will be!

Previously Bored members have successfully been able to receive their RAW marks after appealing under the Freedom Of Information Act, this costs money, and a lot of ppl are denied to view their RAW marks (only about 4 or 5 ppl were given access to their RAW marks), so, this will be FREE for one, and guaranteed to provide at least a very close estimate!...

Please keep this [size=+2]Spam free[/size], all u have to do is post ur predicted exam mark, and it doesn’t have to be 100% accurate as many of us may have made silly errors anyway, but try being as reasonable as possible, I'll start and hope that many of u guys will follow!

predicted RAW mark for the 2005 HSC mathematics paper:

Prediction: 90/120

Last edited:

[Damo]

HSC
last year: (2004)
102.8/120 = 94%

since this yrs may have been harder:
100ish/120=94% (give or take)

MarsBarz

HSC
I've counted again and I estimate 95/120.

Very disapointed as I was careless and made too many stupid errors. Had I not made all those stupid mistakes I believe I could have gotten 105+ at the very least.

I'm not really confident that a 95 will be enough to get me into a band 6 :/. I wish I could do it again.

Last edited:

MCOLT

HSC
95 is band 6 easy, i estimate 98 but take about 5 marks off just in case

phil2005

HSC
Raw Mark: 105/120

(Minus 5 for stupid mistakes but i have checked pretty much all the questions I actually did and already subtracted the marks which i know i stuffed)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
82/120

mabey a little more depending on how its marked

Actual Exam Mark: 85

Last edited:

cimbom

HSC
I think maybe 80- 85/120, i made too many stupid mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)