Struggling (1 Viewer)

Graceuf

HSC
So I have an English assignment and I'm struggling to just work out what I should basis paragraphs/general statements on. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Assessment Question: Acts of representation, including people and politics can impact on individuals or more broadly society as whole. Discuss this statement with reference to your prescribed text and one other related text of your own choosing.

Which a teacher reworded (cause it's stupid) as: representation of people or politics can impact on both individuals and society as a whole. Discuss yada yada.

Texts: Wag the Dog and Frontline: The Seige (unless you've got something better)

I generally suck at English but I'm really struggling with this for some reason.

Thanks in advance! :)

buckskinbrumby

social misanthrope
HSC
While I agree with ALawrence, we were marked down in our trials for not putting the thesis statement first (a lot of people in our class didn't do well with thesis statements), eg. writing the introduction and then having the thesis statement. Idk how your teacher marks or even HSC yet (=l) but might be worthwhile keeping in mind. She also said that if you're struggling, just re-word the question as a statement, and go from there.
I don't know about your texts, but one of mine is V for Vendetta, and has been one of the best english choices that I've ever made; it fits almost any type of question as there's so much within the movie. Best of luck tho and hope this helps a little =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)