Straight Paramedics or Nursing/Paramedics? (1 Viewer)

dawso98

HSC
I'm currently in year 12, and thinking of attending CSU. I've looked into it and am thinking I'll do a bachelor of clinical practise (paramedics), however I've also seen the double degree that involves nursing.

I have no intention of becoming a nurse, but is it better to have the double degree? Or is doing the straight paramedics degree a better course? Especially because that is definitely what I want to do.

Any help from current/past students would be appreciated! Or even high school students in a similar situation to me.

Thanks!

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
To do the double degree you will do the undergraduate nursing course and then a graduate diploma to become a paramedic.

If you solely want to be a paramedic you should just do the straight B. Clinical Practise (Paramedic) - otherwise you will spend 3yrs studying and work placement in a degree that you don't really want to use.

Although - it might be worthwhile looking into job opportunities in both the fields - it may be wise to do the 3 years of nursing(I don't study either of these degrees).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)