Straight From Left Field (1 Viewer)

HSC
did anyone else find the picture to respond to for creative writing a bit left field? its a scene from bazra in iraq for fricks sake! hard for crime fic. ill giv u that!

what did u think?

jaxhendo

TheHarlequinMan said:
did anyone else find the picture to respond to for creative writing a bit left field? its a scene from bazra in iraq for fricks sake! hard for crime fic. ill giv u that!

what did u think?
actually its not a scene from Iraq. its a famous scene from a movie/play

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
your kidding right? that picture was a gimme for the hardboiled crime fiction genre. if u couldnt at least take that from it, the film noiristic background should have beeen a big clue , representating a state of social decadence. u shoiuld have sat there and stared at teh pic and formulated links to ur pre prepare story, thats what i done and i think i went all right.

adambra

HSC
I was a bit taken aback at first, but as the poster said previously just read it, make some connection. It actually gave my story a decent ending.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i didnt do crime fiction, i did gendered language but our pic was REALLY broad. in fact if they wanted to, the could probably have used the same picture for every elective, i think they were all pretty broad. However, i can't specifically comment on the genre (or texts and ways of speaking) pictures since i didnt do those elective so wouldnt know what to look for.

Overall tho, with my picture, i was happy :)

C

Crazy Pomo

Stop fucking speaking like this, NOW.

ENGLISH IS OVER. MAY THE DEGRADATION OF THE LANGUAGE THAT CREATED THE GREATEST CIVILIZATION IN THE WORLD NEVER BE DESTROYED AGAIN![/QUOTE]

What the shit? What caused this so called degradation? And you reckon this is the greatest civilisation? Please explain. Or don't. It's up to you. Really it is.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
the pic was of tilda swinton... lol but it was quite funny trying to work it into the crime fiction genre...

Last edited:

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
doesnt matter where it was from. Barthes "Death of the author" allows a text to be classed seperately from its owner and their intentions

C

Crazy Pomo

Fucking exam thoughts police

The_highwayman said:
ooh ooh you posted that elsewhere! we get the point. we dont care. Let us discuss it. If we have to study it for two damn years then thats the least we deserve.

What the? Are you pointing that at me or the dude who actually wrote it. I was trying to quote it and it fucked up. Agreed though, we studied for ages and invested time and energy into, we should talk about it, if only as a comedown.

I dunno, the other day after Modern I was trying to talk about it with these two chicks and they made me feel like a dick talking about it, just because they didn't want to. Of course one had finished her HSC but gerrr... some of us like to know how good/shit we went or talk about an exam that we enjoyed doing. Bitches!

Maybe I'm just bitter, but oh well. I'll get a better result that them ho ho ho.

Good luck ext 1ers in 06

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)