Staples! (1 Viewer)

Hampsters-rul

HSC
ajdlinux said:
You get your number when your school first enters you into Schools Online to enrol in a School Certificate course. I'm severely accelerated, so I got mine when I was like 9 or something.
Nerd andy

Anyway in the history/geo i spent 10 minutes getting the staples out, What a waste of time!!!

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I don't like getting poked by staples because it kills under your nail >.<"
When the supervisers check your paper, don't they check your numbers?

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
F-O-B said:
Suppose we wrote in someone elses number...what would they do?
OR beftter yet. you swap numbers with someone...ie got like the smartest kid..and paid him out. etc. :)

They'd have no idea of knowing right???

Its a bit late now..but still!
That would be fun! Now I was telling my friends, whatever you do don't write 16222... oh wait I suppose I shouldn't post my number here ... on your exam or I'll kill you.

You'd just have to hope the supervisor doesn't notice you :)

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
Funny, on the list of 'Things to bring' we were given, it had Staple Remover. So we were good. xD

We took them out after the exam. They were better to do without the darn staples anyway, so I would have taken 'em out in any case if I could.

xDD *coughs*

EDIT: Not to mention the list had a whole lot of stuff we didn't need though. -_-;

Last edited:

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
ajdlinux said:
IS A STAPLE REMOVER AUTHORISED SC EQUIPMENT?!?!? I don't think so...

Legalism, and fingernails, FTW!
We also got asked to bring it by the supervisers when people forgot.

I still have no idea what FTW means, by the way. xP;

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
ajdlinux said:
FTW = For the win, it's slipped into video gaming culture :)
Uhuh? Thanks.

I wouldn't know though, I'm out of touch in quite a few areas. One seems to be video games and games in general, and the other seems to be fashion, I think. -_-;;

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
lol you dont need an iq test to accelerate....i just asked....they have a notice at our school every year asking if anyone wants to do it...
I guess it depends. All the accelerants at our school are chosen by the teacher.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Yeah, but it's useful in persuading them to let you skip two years then go up another three or four or five in subjects ;) That's me...

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
ajdlinux said:
Yeah, but it's useful in persuading them to let you skip two years then go up another three or four or five in subjects ;) That's me...
Personally... never heard of it. -_-; Never seen it either.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I think the thing with accelerating in Maths is that I know I can redo it if I do too bad so I don't do my homework very often :( Preliminary was alright though. So what subjects you accelerating in?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
How can your staples be already out? They all come in a bunch.
I think it's alright to use liquidpaper. I doubt they use a computer to check the extended response and stuff.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
lol our examiners were like "plz pull the sheets apart wait...dun pull them apart" and the at the end of the test their like "plz pull them apart for collecting ¬_¬"

Dimplez

HSC
hey I accelerate too in economics...but like for us it was pretty easy...they just interviewed my teachers and then they based it on that!

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
Kaatie said:
by the way can you use white out in the school certificate? i stuffed up my student number i wrote 9 instead of a 0 and when i changed it it ended up looking like an 8 but i didnt use white out because i wasnt sure. i hope they dont get my number messed up because of it. that was on my best pages too. lol.
Ehhr, well, I didnt know either, but I heard all the people around me rustling with white out and correction tape and so on, shrugged and used it. >.> I whited out a whole, hmm, ten lines? Teah, I had time on my hands. xDD

I still dont see the accelerated thing. We dont have it here. Is it only for certain schools or... what? Am I in the wrong forum? -_-;

thrash4life

HSC
staples annoyed me sooo much...it also embarrased me :vcross: coz i was trying to get one of the billion staples in my hist/geo test with my pen and it made soooo much noise and evrybody started looking at me wierd...then i was forcing my pen underneith he staple when the pen flew out of my hand and hit someone in the head a few rows in front of me and on the ground.

i didnt think a simple staple could cause so much distress...:mad1:

zeleboy

HSC
militiaman said:
Did everyone elses tests have staples in them so you had to pull them out? Ours were like this, and every time the supervisor was like "Ok, paper check, pull your staples out, do you have the orange pa..." then we're all like "Wait!" because it takes 5 minutes to pull the damn things out.

My technique was risky because I used the inside of my nail to pry the sides up. Try too hard and it pierces that soft skin. I learnt to push down on the paper around it with the bottoms upright against the desk to remove it.

Random topics FTW!
why didnt you just use the tip of a ball point click pen ...:santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)