SRS for international students (1 Viewer)

You_Know_Who

HSC
Is it though? it says that:

To apply for SRS you must be a Year 12 applicant who is attempting one of the following:

• an Australian Year 12 qualification in 2022
  • an International Baccalaureate in Australia in 2022.
You must also be:

• a UAC applicant for undergraduate admission in 2023
  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or the holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
I am neither of the last point however I knew someone who was in a similar situation as me and they got in through SRS.
Hope someone could shed some light on this with their own experience/knowledge on this.
Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding of some sort, or it could be that the circumstances of the person that you mentioned have changed at the time of applying, possibly making them eligible for SRS. It is best to confirm such details with the person to ensure that all aspects of their application are clarified and that any misunderstanding is avoided. As far as I'm aware, international students are not eligible to apply for SRS. Applicants must satisfy the conditions that you have mentioned which are included on the UAC website. To add to this, ACU and USyd use clearer language when referring to SRS. ACU states:

The Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) makes yearly offers entry to domestic school leavers currently completing an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate qualification in Australia.

Students who are Australian/New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and permanent residents that hold a humanitarian visa are all classified as domestic students.

USyd makes a more explicit assertion regarding its Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme (which is administered through SRS), as follows:

You also need to be:
  • a domestic undergraduate student (international students are not eligible to apply)

In terms of personal experience, I was a permanent resident back when I was a year 12 student. Based on this, I was considered a domestic student and was therefore able to apply for SRS.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)