SRS for 21/01/22 Round (1 Viewer)

hatterene

HSC
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 12.46.35 pm.png

Hey I'm just a little curious on what "highest eligible preference" means. I got the ATAR required to be guaranteed for my second choice but I missed my first preference by a little margin, does this mean I should still put my first preference as #1 on my UAC preferences and put my second preference at #2? I'm just scared that if I don't put my second choice in #1 then I won't get my offer at all for the second preference the next week.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The information included in the screenshot is letting you know that receiving an offer to 426000 Double Law on the given date requires you to set that option as your highest preference by tomorrow, i.e. if 426000 Double Law is listed as your second-highest preference on UAC, you need to set it as the highest preference if you wish to guarantee a January Round 2 offer to 426000 Double Law.

I hope this helps! :D

hatterene

HSC
thank you!!! is it worth it to still try and reach for usyd by putting it first?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you!!! is it worth it to still try and reach for usyd by putting it first?
No worries! If you are confident enough that you will end up receiving an offer from USyd if you set its course as your first preference, then you should probably go for it. Otherwise, an offer to UNSW’s Double Law can be guaranteed, meaning that if you wish to stay on the safe side, it may be wiser to set it as your first preference.

hatterene

HSC
no i am not that confident LMAO but i just wanted to reach as far as possible but i would be devastated to lose unsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)