SRP (science experiment) Ideas?? (2 Viewers)

J

JokerD

HEy!! i need help on ideas for a science project also known as SRP (student research project). you just pretty much think of what experiments you're gonna do and achieve it through the holiday returning a full report (aim, hypothesis, variables, equipment, diagram, observation, table etc.) i can't think of any experiment that i can do. i only know one which is to test the speed of ice at different slope angles. if you know any please share THANKS ALL!!

SunnyScience

HSC
...Using cabbage as a natural indicator - google it. Lots of pretty colours :)

Experiments with calculations also tend to be better as it shows far more involvement. Though to add to that, there's nothing wrong with your idea.

J

JokerD

its interesting, but i hav used a similar experiment last year (effect of concentrations of acid on oxidation). i also hav tried this experiment for fun but it didn't turn out well :(

delian

HSC
N/A
Yes, I remember my experiment to determine refractive index of ice didn't quite go to plan

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Ask your teachers for ideas and ways to approach the assignment. I'm 100% sure that they'll be glad to assist you if they are good teachers.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Testing of pH of soil on the growth of plants. I did that for my SRP and came second in the grade.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, quantity makes quality!
I was never a bright science student, especially in Years 8 and 9, and I still managed to get a 61/63 for it (lost 2 marks for not having enough accuracy) but I worked really hard for that mark. I think I did a 4000 word report and a 3500 word logbook from memory :/ (went heaps overboard) like 7000+ words in total :/

wildchild666

HSC
Also, quantity makes quality!
I was never a bright science student, especially in Years 8 and 9, and I still managed to get a 61/63 for it (lost 2 marks for not having enough accuracy) but I worked really hard for that mark. I think I did a 4000 word report and a 3500 word logbook from memory :/ (went heaps overboard) like 7000+ words in total :/
I lost marks for writing "too much" in my conclusion last year..

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I lost marks for writing "too much" in my conclusion last year..
Depends on the teacher :p
My teacher allowed me to write as much as I liked...
I should say Quantity CAN make Quality!
To be on the safe side, check if there's a word limit with your teacher or the marker! If not, go hard out! (Your SRP is like 40% to 60% of your half yearly report!)

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Testing the effectiveness of different stain removers. Get Coles brand, Preen, Sard, Eco-friendly brand, test them on some random stains. Easy. Results were interesting..

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Absorbency of paper towels
If ice cubes melt faster on different colours
Testing most effective things to make batteries out of

CrackerMo

HSC
N/A
To investigate what condition other than the refrigerator [Indoor, Outdoor, Indoor in water, Outdoor in water] best suits the storage of citric and non-citric fruits in the summer season. I got full marks for mine, but it was a long process...

J

JokerD

i think im gonna do how surface tension of water can be effected by temperature
or maybe salinity
i thought of doing salinity first but there is little research that i can find :(
might aswell do temperature

HOTBABE101

HSC
Hi Asdfqwerty,
Would you consider sending me your SRP so i can review it to see the structure etc. I have recently been unwell, and i am confused about the whole task. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards, HOTBABE101

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
I had the exact same assessment task. It was actually quite fun

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Take into consideration if u get marked on the difficulty of the experiment (I remember we did)

leehuan

HSC
Hi Asdfqwerty,
Would you consider sending me your SRP so i can review it to see the structure etc. I have recently been unwell, and i am confused about the whole task. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards, HOTBABE101
This post was made in 2012.

Lol I compared heat absorption of various colours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)