SQL Question (1 Viewer)

HSC
i....absolutely had no idea! >.<

i fricken didnt study SQL...i always thought they just ask in the multiple choice to like...choose the outcome of an SQL...

but making my own SQL? uh-oh
hehehe
ahh well

friday13th

i think huy is rite... except that u need a semicolon at the end of an SQL statement. also i think (but im not sure) if the ASC has to be capitals. anyone?????

friday13th

jeo it could well depend on wat application u are using to write ur SQL as to whether or not it arranges it automatically in alphabetical order. better to be safe than sorry i reckon.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
grrr i wrote

Search
From
Where.... etc

I knew "search" wasnt right. but i went brain dead! oh well *sigh*

Jeo

Originally posted by friday13th
jeo it could well depend on wat application u are using to write ur SQL as to whether or not it arranges it automatically in alphabetical order. better to be safe than sorry i reckon.
given the fact that all the databases I have worked with, that is mysql, postgre, ms-sql, access and a billion others that DO automatically arrange it in alphabetical order...... there is no need for ASC or DESC

Jeo

Originally posted by friday13th
i think huy is rite... except that u need a semicolon at the end of an SQL statement. also i think (but im not sure) if the ASC has to be capitals. anyone?????
no you dont need a semi colon at end of statement, and there is no need for ASC or DESC therefore the correct answer should be:

SELECT Last_name, First_name, Home_phone FROM FRIENDS WHERE State = "NSW" ORDER BY Last_name

Huy

HSC
N/A
Jeo, you must really love SQL! :rolleyes: heheh
Originally posted by Jeo
no you dont need a semi colon at end of statement, and there is no need for ASC or DESC therefore the correct answer should be:

SELECT Last_name, First_name, Home_phone FROM FRIENDS WHERE State = "NSW" ORDER BY Last_name
Actually, if you wanted the correct answer, it wouldn't be on 1 line :D :p

Jeo

Real SQL, not "shitty microsoft ACCESS SHIT" lol :rolleyes: is actually on one line :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)