SOR1 - Question 11 (1 Viewer)

ohai

HSC
I'm wondering how well I answered this question.
It basically had two advertisement for the services offered by some church, one from 50 years ago, one current. It asked to account for change in Australia's religious landscape (I think). Here's what I wrote:
- Mentioned changes to Australia's religious landscape, including stats.
- Immigration as a major influence, ie Assisted immigration scheme, abolition of white Australia, etc.
- Changes as a result of immigration, ie increased religious diversity.
- Referenced the 2 sources, commenting on religious pluralism in the church as being largely a result of immigration.

What did you do for this question/what mark do you think i'll get?

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
It basically had two advertisement for the services offered by some church, one from 50 years ago, one current. It asked to account for change in Australia's religious landscape (I think). Here's what I wrote:
- Immigration as a major influence, ie Assisted immigration scheme, abolition of white Australia, etc.
- Referenced the 2 sources, commenting on religious pluralism in the church as being largely a result of immigration.

I did immigration (referred to the different language services in the source), denominational switching (the two different signs are of two different churches, although the two churches in the question have indeed merged), secularism (referred to the source and how they have less services), and also did Christianity as the major religion, as the religion in the source was Christianity

I predicted maybe a 4 out of 5 for my response, by yours...maybe a 3, possibly 4, as by the looks of it, the only influence you referred to was immigration, but you did include stats and refer to the question and your own knowledge, so I'd say 3-4

Last edited:

MzBiiBii

HSC

wrote similar to that. I also wrote about denominational swtiching. The first thing my teacher asked us was.. "did you guys talk about denominational switching?"

ohai

HSC
I'm hoping I can squeeze out a 4. Not that we'd find out anyway.
Thankss for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)