song lyrics for imaginative journey (1 Viewer)

stinger253

HSC
i'm thinkin of doin the hunters and collectors song holy grail does anyone have an opion on which way i should aproach this

babygirl123

HSC
:) hey i need song lyrics for imaginative journey

any ideas?

also if you could, link it to imaginary journeys please!

it would be a big help

thanx...:)

The MJB

HSC
Yeah, I'm using Stairway to Heaven. I've found it to be good cause its crammed full of technique.

Couple of things are:

repetition of "it makes we wonder" - link the wondering to imaginative journeys, i.e. wondering is going on an imaginative journey.

references to nature - "in a tree by the brook" "forests will echo with laughter" theres a couple other quotes, words with connotations of nature and pleasantness, hints at imagination in the same way as tempest with the magical island with "lusty grass" and all that

Plant goes on a journey through it, his wondering, causes him to learn "to be a rock and not to roll" take it how u want.

the progressive buildup in the songs music is journey like. starts with flutes and guitar arpeggios. proggressively in the verses drums come in, then more guitar, later whole chords are used, guitar gets distortion etc. solo comes in, vocals become less calm and faster, more heavy.

"the pipers calling you to join him" - metaphor - imaginative journey

"if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last" - learning on journeys, metaphor again

this and many other quotes, there is many references to music (similar to tempest) as metaphors for imaginative journeys. "tune", "piper" "songbird" "rock and not to roll" "dear lady can you hear the wind blow"

the song is also like an imaginative journey for the listener. we listen, learn about themes of positiveness.

the song also in itself talks about imaginative journeys and the learning involved, "if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last" - go on a journey, you'll learn something
i.e. we learn that we will learn things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)