Someone post the contraversial question/s (1 Viewer)

steamboat93

HSC
God damn it, all this winging about how unfair the question was.

SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE QUESTION/S or paper up.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I can't give you the exact questions, but the buddhism question provided two quotes from different early centuries regarding buddhist celebration, one talked about the importance of puja etc whilst the other stated meditation could only be achieved through pure intense thought. The question was then to analyse these quotes in regards to ethics/practices. The Christianity one provided a quote from the Gospel of Luke regarding the last supper and then asked for a discussion of this in regards to how the Christian Faith effects an adherents life. The Islam one provided another quote and aksed how the revelation of Muhammad affected an adherents life and I believe the Hindu one was in a similiar vein to the Buddhist one.

I wrote my essay on Buddhism centered around Wesak, didn't have much of a problem but I couldn't come up with an answer on the spot for Christinaity or Islam, after having time to think about it I'd know what I'd write but certainly not within the exam. Just wait till you get to your HSC, then you can judge.

MzBiiBii

HSC
Yes can someone please upload paper! Even 2unit? I wanna see the multiple choice :D

Christianity question

there was a quote similar to this (there was more to it i think)

When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

'With reference to Luke's post-resurrection account in the quotation, assess Christianity as a living religious tradition in the life of its adherents.

Judiasm I don't remember the quote:

In reference to the Torah, Analyse the connection between 'the laws and the rules' and the love of God, referred to in the quotation, as a guide in the life of adherents.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Buddhism
[Nirvana] can only be reached, not produced, by the Path ... it transcends the intrinsic nature of matter ... being attainable through special insight effected by stron effort. -- Buddhaghosa, 5th century India
[Proper meditation is] single-minded intense sitting without burning incense, worshipping, reciting ... , practising repentance, nor reading sutras. -- Dogen, 13th century Japan
With reference to the quotations, analyse how Buddhist ethics and/or practices are informed by different expressions of the Buddhist belief system.

Christianity
Now it came to pass, as he sat at the table with them, that he took bread, blessed it and broke it, and gave it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they knew him; and he vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, 'Did not our heart burn within us while he talked with us on the road, and while he opened the Scriptures to us?' -- Luke 24:30-32, New King James Bible
With reference to Luke's post-resurrection account in the quotation, assess Christianity as a living religious tradition in the life of its adherents.

Hinduism
Do those deeds that are without blame. -- Taittiriya Upanishad 1.11.1-3
Discuss the relevance of the quotation to Hindu ethics and/or practices

Islam
The ultimate guidance is the Qur'an given by God through Muhammad ... The Qur'an enables humans to see and understand the guidance God has inbuilt in creation. -- H. Coward
With reference to the quotation, analyse the role played by the revelation through the prophet in the life of Muslims.

Judaism
And this is the Instruction - the laws and the rules - that the Lord your God has commanded [me] to impart to you, to be observed in the land which you are about to cross into and occupy ... Hear O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. Take to heart these instructions with which I charge you this day. -- Deuteronomy 6:1, 4-6, Torah
Analyse the connection between 'the laws and the rules' and the love of God, referred to in the quotation, as a guide in the life of adherents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)