So who got an offer? (1 Viewer)

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
a8o said:
2,000th post there for you. Mine says 'Academic Offer Made', but considering the number of people who say they're confirmed etc already...I dunno. Like the offer, I just want it finalised in writing :)

which hall u choose?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I hav en;t got an offer yet :( what do I do?
Accept your offer? :)
I haven't seen any locals saying that they've been accepted into Bruce or B/G, so just call them if you're worried. If you annoy them enough over the phone, they have to give you a straight answer.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
Accept your offer? :)
I haven't seen any locals saying that they've been accepted into Bruce or B/G, so just call them if you're worried. If you annoy them enough over the phone, they have to give you a straight answer.
what locals
call UAS?
is there a way you can check thge status of your app online?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
what locals
call UAS?
is there a way you can check thge status of your app online?
You can check here: http://asp.anu.edu.au/AppStatus.asp

Locals as in people living in Australia, the only person who's posted and said that they were accepted to Bruce (or BG) was an international.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
You can check here: http://asp.anu.edu.au/AppStatus.asp

Locals as in people living in Australia, the only person who's posted and said that they were accepted to Bruce (or BG) was an international.
arrgghh what application number!
no slid rule said he got accepted, remember...:( I'll be homeless after all

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
arrgghh what application number!
no slid rule said he got accepted, remember...:( I'll be homeless after all
Ursies != Bruce and/or B&G! If you applied, they'll give you somewhere to stay. Just call them up, say hi UAS, my name is cherryblossom from Wagga Wagga, can I have my application number to check if you screwed up? Be warned, if you did, you'll be hearing ALOT more of me!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
Ursies != Bruce and/or B&G! If you applied, they'll give you somewhere to stay. Just call them up, say hi UAS, my name is cherryblossom from Wagga Wagga, can I have my application number to check if you screwed up? Be warned, if you did, you'll be hearing ALOT more of me!
so offers for domestic students have come out?

hey dude, I'm kinda offended by that. I've never stepped foot in wagga wagga

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
so offers for domestic students have come out?

hey dude, I'm kinda offended by that. I've never stepped foot in wagga wagga
What I was trying to say is that the only domestic students who've been accepted have come from either the private colleges or Ursies. I haven't seen or heard anything about anyone being accepted into Bruce or BG, yet. Call them etc. And don't be offended, there's nothing wrong with Wagga Wagga, now if I said that you were from the Gong, perhaps then you'd have a reason to complain.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
cb, have you checked all your email accounts? I was told via email.

You should ring them. A lot. Until they give you somewhere to stay in Canberra.

_Benji_

HSC
I got an offer for Bruce...sent me an email on the 19th then some guy rang today to make sure I got my offer...said he's ringing everyone so i think everyone should know by now...

Callistogenic

HSC
I've got into B&G.

They sent me an email yesterday about my accommodation offer - so I'm filling up the forms and putting them in on Monday.

Should be fine, cb. ;)

mimiian

HSC
got into asian studies/law and a spot in AIHS, accommodation so expensive there

arooshika...

HSC
i got into B Digital Arts and im so excited! I didnt even get a really high uai and anu only has high uai cutoffs, so not accepting this course would have been really stupid of me. i got accepted by just taking an interview and portfolio. I like this system, because it just shows how determined you are to get in. im really crap in theory stuff so thats how my uai fell but the point is i cant wait

im going staying at fenner hall

but everything is so bloody expensive...i hope its worth it at the end

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
oh fuck fuck I;'m screwed you all have gotten offers
what suburbs are nearest the ANU, other than Acton which knee oh assures me is the ANU? if I don't get offered anything (accommo guaranteed indeed) I may have to rent. kieran! help!
oh and re enrolment, do you have to wait for a mail package because that;as the gist I got from the website argh gay thing it says you don't even have to accept on UAC site thing
O week! is on stadbroke island, for UQ, why can't canberra be near an island, though i suppise the whole inland thing makes it difficult.....
p.s. shane why the hell do you associate me with the place of many crows grinspoon > crows
thanks for help poeple sorry if I don't make sense

a8o

HSC
I understand bits and pieces of that...but im not too sure myself if ive been made an offer. Should I have received something from the college/uni by now in the mail?

hangerm5

HSC
I was wondering the same thing and i rang someone at ANU the other day....dont know which part, think it was admissions or something....Anyway they said you can accept thru UAC and it will take to the website so I did that but it was pretty pointless because it was the same website as "getting to know ANU'' or something...

On the phone they said we should get our "Offer Packs" in due course-whatever that means. I think if I dont hear from ANU on Monday it might time to ring again because it seems that most other Uni's got their info in the offer letter from UAC, all we got was a post card telling us to be patient it seemed.

Perhaps there is no hurry and it doesnt matter, but with O-Week so close it seems that there is little time, especially as we are all first year with no experience of how the uni works.

Callistogenic

HSC
cherryblossom said:
oh fuck fuck I;'m screwed you all have gotten offers
what suburbs are nearest the ANU, other than Acton which knee oh assures me is the ANU? if I don't get offered anything (accommo guaranteed indeed) I may have to rent. kieran! help!
oh and re enrolment, do you have to wait for a mail package because that;as the gist I got from the website argh gay thing it says you don't even have to accept on UAC site thing
O week! is on stadbroke island, for UQ, why can't canberra be near an island, though i suppise the whole inland thing makes it difficult.....
p.s. shane why the hell do you associate me with the place of many crows grinspoon > crows
thanks for help poeple sorry if I don't make sense
Dickson and O'Connor are close to the ANU. 10 min bus ride north.

You'll get offered SOMETHING, just give them time. As others have said, call the info line and tell it to them like it is.

You don't have to accept on the UAC site - the ANU sees as you paying your GSF as 'formal' acceptance of your offer. (However, for peace of mind, I logged back into UAC and accepted the offer, so that at least UAC knows my intentions.)

Oh, and don't worry about the offer lapsing - they say that if the enrollment pack hasn't arrived within 10 days to call the info line on 1800 620 032.

:)

P.S. Keep in mind that because you're in/not (Queensland?) within NSW, mail and such will take longer to get to you. I got my accommodation offer the day after UAC sent me the offer, (which when I looked at the letter itself, was the 16th and not the 18th) so just sit tight. Tomorrow something should come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)