So what do we get on the 16th then? confused! (1 Viewer)

buffster2002

lol i must seem like the biggest dumbass, but im confused, becuase i know we get our UAI on the 17th of December from 9am on the UAC site.

But then what is it that we get on the 16th at 6am from Stdents Online? someone said "our HSC results", but does that mean just the results from the final HSC exams in each subject, or something else?

ahh im so confused! I cant wait till tomorrow when i finally finish and then all i have to wait for is the results.

thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify :)

starz_air

HSC
you get ure uai on the 17th of december over the internet, and on the 16th you get ure actual hsc marks (ure aligned hsc mark based on ure school rankings and everything)
if im wrong, correct me, but im pretty sure this is what you get on the 16th

jessied

HSC
We get our HSC marks on the 16th of December.. You were right with what you said.. You'll get 3 marks per subject on that day. Your external mark (the mark you got in actual HSC exam), your internal mark and your HSC mark which is the average of the internal and external marks.

buffster2002

thanks very much guys, that clears it up. :)

does that mean we can basically calculate our UAI by averaging the 3rd mark (the average of the internal and extrernal marks) of each subject?

or is there something im missing.....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
jessied said:
We get our HSC marks on the 16th of December.. You were right with what you said.. You'll get 3 marks per subject on that day. Your external mark (the mark you got in actual HSC exam), your internal mark and your HSC mark which is the average of the internal and external marks.

Note that all 3 of these are the ALIGNED marks, not the raw ones.

The 3rd mark, (The Aligned HSC mark) is what SAM accepts for UAI prediction. However, UAC uses the RAW marks, and scales them to calculate the aggreegate and UAI, so it may not be entirely accurate

Last edited:

buffster2002

oh yeah, i forgot about scaling!

so then on the 16th when we get our hsc marks, i can use SAM to calculate an approximate UAI, an approximate UAI that dosent take scaling into consideration?

adambra

HSC
buffster2002 said:
oh yeah, i forgot about scaling!

so then on the 16th when we get our hsc marks, i can use SAM to calculate an approximate UAI, an approximate UAI that dosent take scaling into consideration?
No, SAM does takes scaling into consideration.

nwatts

HSC
Rafy said:
Note that all 3 of these are the ALIGNED marks, not the raw ones.

The 3rd mark, (The Aligned HSC mark) is what SAM accepts for UAI prediction. However, UAC uses the RAW marks, and scales them to calculate the aggreegate and UAI, so it may not be entirely accurate
If you are interested in raw marks, see Captain pi's plans for a lodging a FOI appeal to BOS - http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=92095

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)