So, how did everyone find English and Science? (1 Viewer)

fayeee

HSC
Lothy said:
Overall with both I am really really happy.

I did expect a much harder test. Guess my last minute cram right before each exam paid off.

Although, many MultipleChoice questions in both papers could have easily been more than 1 answer. :mad1: Really works you over when you don't know which it could be.
yeah aye!
i had a couple of questions where i was tossing between one or the other

sannous1

HSC
eNGLISH was alright, i stuffd up in the laughter story, im not really funny..lol

um science killd my life, no idea what they were going on about half the time :(. went in their so confident with myself, left there depressd :(..its done, cnt go back in time...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Kujah said:
Haven't we been trying to tell you guys this? :p
Haha yeah. :rofl: Oh well, shit happens. Time to study for Civics now. :mad1:

bored of sc

HSC
i found them fair but more difficult than expected > multiple choice being the hardest part of both tests

english had some very ambiguous questions in multiple choice, the short answer text was shitty (a bit weird in its description) but two extended responses were very answerable

science was too skilled based (not that it's bad or anything) as it had 4 sources each with lots of information and asked questions on them in each of multiple choice, short answer and one word answer > this is a bit unfair to those who are good with content but bad with skills

might get 70's/90 in english and 80's/100 in science <estimations

did anyone think they dominated because i sure didn't?!

howboutno

HSC
Ohh, so our laughter thing for English was supposed to be a short story?? Shiiiit...

I didn't really know what to do, so I wrote something like this: "Why do people laugh? They laugh because it makes them feel better..." and yeah, the rest is too embarassing to write. But I basically went on to explain what laughing is, and shit like that.

Damn, I got it so wrong!!! :mad1:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
howboutno said:
Ohh, so our laughter thing for English was supposed to be a short story?? Shiiiit...

I didn't really know what to do, so I wrote something like this: "Why do people laugh? They laugh because it makes them feel better..." and yeah, the rest is too embarassing to write. But I basically went on to explain what laughing is, and shit like that.

Damn, I got it so wrong!!! :mad1:
It didn't say short story, it said imaginative writing piece other than poem or song. Most people did do a short story though.

McSpitfire

Wendell Sailor
The grandstands at OKI Jubilee.. (Actually, Cronul
HSC
I totally did well in English today. I filled the whole last two pages completely with five minutes to spare going over my multiple choice. Science was... meh...

What did you guys and girls think about that Alfred Hitchcock section? I thought it was a bit confusing.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Let this be a lesson, READ THE VERB, put it in the FORM/text type it asks for.

Otherwise, automatic D range (that is, 5/20)

StratPat

HSC
I reckon I aced english! But science was pretty hard.. But still think I did OK.

But tomorrow I'm screwed I'm TERRIBLE at maths but I'm pretty good at history/geo.

I can't even study for maths 'cause I don't know how to work out what I've done wrong and ahhh! Im screwed. :(

Ruined-Phate

HSC
Continuum said:
I did alright, but I reckon they were both full of shit. :uhhuh: English was full random and Science was full random too - shouldn't have studied for either of them, waste of time.
Yeah what a waste of time. My maths results for tomorow are going to suffer because of the time wasted on science.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
funny how i noticed someone know in real life ere!

english ws iight i guess..science was screwed up! i heard some rumour about all these exams that your mark gets halved and added onto 50 and thats how they work out your grade. Is that true?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
funny how i noticed someone know in real life ere!

english ws iight i guess..science was screwed up! i heard some rumour about all these exams that your mark gets halved and added onto 50 and thats how they work out your grade. Is that true?

sombespice

HSC
I thought I did well in English but then I came here and I realized all the silly mistakes I made... I officially hate multiple choice questions, they're so damn ambiguous! Even though my story about laughter wasn't exactly funny I think it will get decent marks. Actually it was kind of depressing.. but no where did it say it had to be cheery and positive so...

God, Science was all just guesswork. I had no idea about anything which is quite bad seeing as I chose chemistry and biology for next year. Yeeaaah. I'm rethinking my choices. Not looking forward to maths tomorrow- it's steadily become my worst subject.. At least hist/geog is all making stuff up :)

chrasy

HSC
I finished both exams with an hour to go and kind of... Fell asleep? That's not to say I did super well, I'm just a slacker in the way I couldn't be bothered to really check or anything. I think I went alright in both exams, but I am reallllllly dreading Hist/Geo tomorrow.

super-shinobi

HSC
I thought they were ALOT easier than my school yearlies. Some of the questions were so easy I thought it was absolutely absurd!

Like the first few questions on the yowie webpage... they ask about hyperlinks, graphics and toolbars!?!? I mean come on! Its an english exam! We have computer skills on Wednesday!

Science was okay too. I had half an hour to spare so I got so annoyed that I started fidgeting. But I think I probably screwed the writing section xD

super-shinobi

HSC
sombespice said:
I thought I did well in English but then I came here and I realized all the silly mistakes I made... I officially hate multiple choice questions, they're so damn ambiguous! Even though my story about laughter wasn't exactly funny I think it will get decent marks. Actually it was kind of depressing.. but no where did it say it had to be cheery and positive so...

God, Science was all just guesswork. I had no idea about anything which is quite bad seeing as I chose chemistry and biology for next year. Yeeaaah. I'm rethinking my choices. Not looking forward to maths tomorrow- it's steadily become my worst subject.. At least hist/geog is all making stuff up :)
Lol were we meant to actually make the story funny!? I thought it was just meant to relate to laughter? It didnt mention anything about it having to be comical... I just wrote about a laughing traveller that went to the town of sorrow =D

rohan7

HSC
english was good, fingers crossed for a band 6. science was bad. multiple choice was stupid and confusing and what on EARTH was the satellite stuff about (pun intended lol). i ran out of time in the end although i was the only one from my friends that didnt finish early. am i the only one?

Scotty101

HSC
yes... lol, i finished with like 40mins to spare. so did everyone else in my grade i think.. aha, my supervisor thinks shes the funniest thing since.. something really funny.. always with the lame wisecracks.. :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)