So, how did everyone find English and Science? (1 Viewer)

backrowcentre

HSC
I think I actually did okay. I know I stuffed up the one in science where you had to write about an Environmental issue and how science can help it or something. Whatever.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
English as I said was OK, the multiple choice questions were slightly confusing in places.

Science I didn't do :) I believe there was a syllabus change in 2006 or something so I don't know if I'd do well in it, but I got 89 in 2005.

Smith2K7

HSC
Lets just say Ive seen much harder.

The only thing I had trouble doing is being bothered doing the last question of science with effort.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
English was easy, and I actually had fun in my creative writing section writing about laughter (I wrote about someone throwing a laughing-gas bomb into the hall during the exam and me going to clown college). Science on the other hand...I had to read each question a few times and was like what now?

Im pretty sure I failed science multiple choice, questions...who knows :p

kezzaonline

HSC
I reckon English was alright, could've done better..and was I the only one realising it was out of 90?

Science, I reckon it was stupid..it was based on your knowledge to analyse rather than content.... there goes a band 6 i was so sure i'll get

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's a surprise the mods this time didn't dedicate a thread for thoughts on the SC thread this time.

Any surprises for you guys in this year's exam?

Dimplez

HSC
I think I screwed science...english was pretty sweet though! *fingers crossed* for a band 6...

Kinrei

HSC
Okay, English was pretty simple. >w< I think I screwed up my story a little bit (it came out depressing xD and I forgot a lot to reference to laughter), but otherwise the test was pretty nice! :3 *wrote about a circus without laughter* 8D

The bit about The Birds was amusing, because my friend got attacked by a magpie on the way to school in the morning xD (it tore skin off her ear O__O), and it was like "Whoooaaah, coincidence!".

But eh, the science test I found really hard. I was unsure on like... every second question. =( Teeeerrrible. xD;
I was used to the nice biology/cosmology/earth environmental based trial I had and then this... was it just me or was this test more chemistry/physics driven?

I suppose I generally suck at science, buuuuut... xD;;;

marxisming

HSC
i found the satellite bit confusing where you had to place the directions.

hey with the laughter theme- one of my friends just incoporated the word 'laughter' once in her last sentence...

is that even allowed???

i found them all okay.
but with the cane toad investigation i performed mine like this:
placed a UV light source in one room
placed a visible light source in an another
placed same number cane toads in the room
left for 30 minutes
observe the spatial distribution of the toads. (closeness to the light source)/
repeated the experiment
record results

did anyone do something similar ? just for reassurance !

acevipa

HSC
I found the english exam reasonable, with like 40 minutes to spare for me. However the science exam was a bit random. Some of the questions weren't that clear and yeah, like people said, it wasn't really content based. Anyways, all the best for tomorrow.

G

gabrielleh

Lol reading your post marx makes me think i did that question wrong 0.0'
Ergh i hated the theme laughter...lol my last sentence was "i burst out laughing." My story was something that had darth vader and clowns in it...i don't even WANT to remember it XD
=]
I think the easiest question in science was the one you had to pick. I picked Climate Change and just got information from the Stimulus =]

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
marxisming said:
i found the satellite bit confusing where you had to place the directions.

hey with the laughter theme- one of my friends just incoporated the word 'laughter' once in her last sentence...

is that even allowed???

i found them all okay.
but with the cane toad investigation i performed mine like this:
placed a UV light source in one room
placed a visible light source in an another
placed same number cane toads in the room
left for 30 minutes
observe the spatial distribution of the toads. (closeness to the light source)/
repeated the experiment
record results

did anyone do something similar ? just for reassurance !
Yea marx I did a somewhat similar experiment to you though not quite as good/detailed.

And I also did the same as your friend with the story, which according to the instructions is perfectly legal.

backrowcentre

HSC

is that even allowed???

Hmm, I incorporated mine at the beginning, I hope it's okay, because my story wasn't actually funny...unless the marker believes being killed by a variety of different comedians is funny. I dunno.

JOSH.

HSC
I don't want to sound cocky or anything but I feel as if I did really, really, really well in English (I better have, hahaha, I'm doing 3 unit next year). Except the ending of my creative writing was soooooooo rushed...you can even see that my font scribbles up a lot and I went over with every single written question apart from the 'laughter' short story where I filled in all the dotted lines. Science...ok, I think I passed which is all I'm aiming for (Not doing any sciences next year:D) I hate science so much. It's weird to think we're already half way through our exams, hahaha (except for computers which doesn't really count)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I did alright, but I reckon they were both full of shit. :uhhuh: English was full random and Science was full random too - shouldn't have studied for either of them, waste of time.

Lothy

HSC
Overall with both I am really really happy.

I did expect a much harder test. Guess my last minute cram right before each exam paid off.

Although, many MultipleChoice questions in both papers could have easily been more than 1 answer. :mad1: Really works you over when you don't know which it could be.

fayeee

HSC
Hmm..
English was okay..
My story.. i dunno LOL.

And science..
heaps of people said it was hard, but it was okay..?

GAH WHO KNOWS X_X

militiaman

HSC
For the satellite thing I put arrows A> B(down) C<, which seemed right.

Summing up the exams so far, nothing difficult in terms of knowledge, just a few iffy questions that could turn out to be false. With luck I'll have 2 band 6's so far...don't want to jinx it though!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
shouldn't have studied for either of them, waste of time.
Haven't we been trying to tell you guys this? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)