should i go to scom for maths tutoring? (1 Viewer)

hscgirl

HSC
hey guys, so i'm thinking of joining scom for maths. for people who go there / have gone there, i am wondering if they go through the content at an accelerated pace compared to school, if the resources/teachers are actually good, and if the content is challenging enough, and if people tend to get good marks here. what are people's past experience here? idk, i guess i just want people's honest opinions on this place and whether it would be right for me (given i have done tutoring in the past and i am used to tutoring centres that go through the content quickly and have challenging content). thanks

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I went to scom for trials. I'd say the tutors are amazing, although, 90% of the workbook qns are from Jono's math books (which retail for like $70) and overall focus more on fundamentals (which is by all means not bad) rather than doing harder more vigorous qns. The classes also r a little slow in my opinion- only considering the time you'd be there ie 4hrs in one day weekly and other centres have nearly finished the whole yr 11 syllabus. Given you have done tuition in classes that have very fast pace, I can't really recommend SCOM unfortunately from my experience. I'd recommend (if you haven't already) you try Dr Du (the best option), Ngo and Sons, Kurt, etc.

hscgirl

HSC
I went to scom for trials. I'd say the tutors are amazing, although, 90% of the workbook qns are from Jono's math books (which retail for like $70) and overall focus more on fundamentals (which is by all means not bad) rather than doing harder more vigorous qns. The classes also r a little slow in my opinion- only considering the time you'd be there ie 4hrs in one day weekly and other centres have nearly finished the whole yr 11 syllabus. Given you have done tuition in classes that have very fast pace, I can't really recommend SCOM unfortunately from my experience. I'd recommend (if you haven't already) you try Dr Du (the best option), Ngo and Sons, Kurt, etc.
of course you recommend dr du as the best option πŸ˜‚ honestly if dr du knew how much you loved and promoted him he'll give you like free unlimited tuition forever

hscgirl

HSC
anyway, i thought you go to scom right now in the baulko class? am i wrong?

hscgirl

HSC
i agree.. i wish it was a bit more challenging (lowkey considering trying for kurt because that seems like it could be fun, and a change of pace.. but unsure if they offer 2u only, likely not :()
isn't kurt like 'child torture' tho lmao

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
soooo you do go to scom? then what do you go to dr du for?
I did a trial for scom, I personally didn't find it the right atmosphere/pace at which I believe I can excell, and thereofore I unfortunately did not continue it.

hscgirl

HSC
oh right yeah doesn't he go to 2 maths tutoring places lol
my favourite !! jokes but i want to go through content faster and everyone i know has said good things ab him (also the practicality of doing tests for 3h straight is more appealing than doing it at home because i cannot do anything at home rn)

can never have enough tutoring.. and his school's teaching is bad/slow or whatever

hscgirl

HSC
I did a trial for scom, I personally didn't find it the right atmosphere/pace at which I believe I can excell, and thereofore I unfortunately did not continue it.
oh right that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)