Should I do Biology Tutoring? (1 Viewer)

coolguy24

HSC
I have not entered Year 11 yet but I currently go to physics and chemistry tutoring and I plan to also do Biology in Year 11 and 12 but I do not attend biology tutoring yet. Is it as useful as physics and chemistry tutoring? What I have heard is that biology is much more memory based than the other two sciences and I have understood that it would be better to just read from the textbook and makes notes on that. Is this true? Or does biology tutoring offer an experience and chance to gain knowledge that is not offered simply by a textbook and a few periodic google searches?

dumNerd

HSC
no. biology tutoring is useless. Concepts should be easy for you to understand if not then I guess you should go tutoring. Just have a look at Module 3/4 in biology as thats the only bit in year 11 that requires understanding anything at all

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
no. biology tutoring is useless. Concepts should be easy for you to understand if not then I guess you should go tutoring. Just have a look at Module 3/4 in biology as thats the only bit in year 11 that requires understanding anything at all
yeah, it’s a regurg of content tbh
+1 :)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I would disagree with your last statement as Module 1 and 2 require just as much understanding, perhaps even more tbh.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
So you're basically saying that everything to do in Mod 1 and 2 with how cells are structured and how they function, how the alveoli coordinates gas exchange within the body, how plants transport their nutrients, how blood is transported around the body etc. doesn't require much understanding? Dunno bout you man, but there is a lot of understanding and a lot of content which goes into both modules. If you're actually graduating in 2022 (like what your profile says), you aren't really able to make a fair judgement until you start Year 11 and learn Bio at school.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
So you're basically saying that everything to do in Mod 1 and 2 with how cells are structured and how they function, how the alveoli coordinates gas exchange within the body, how plants transport their nutrients, how blood is transported around the body etc. doesn't require much understanding? Dunno bout you man, but there is a lot of understanding and a lot of content which goes into both modules. If you're actually graduating in 2022 (like what your profile says), you aren't really able to make a fair judgement until you start Year 11 and learn Bio at school.
The dude’s a tank he’s acc in Bio

1-99

HSC
N/A
I have not entered Year 11 yet but I currently go to physics and chemistry tutoring and I plan to also do Biology in Year 11 and 12 but I do not attend biology tutoring yet. Is it as useful as physics and chemistry tutoring? What I have heard is that biology is much more memory based than the other two sciences and I have understood that it would be better to just read from the textbook and makes notes on that. Is this true? Or does biology tutoring offer an experience and chance to gain knowledge that is not offered simply by a textbook and a few periodic google searches?
I think it depends what your strengths and weaknesses are tbh

Biology is more memory based as you said, but are you having difficulty understanding the concepts, or just looking for overall help? Heaps of tutoring places offer trials so it could be good for you.

Where did you think about going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)