Short answer questions - ALL HERE. (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Here are all the short answer questions, except for 27 :p:

16. Using a diagram and text, describe how an investigation can be perofrmed to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves. 3 marks

17. a) From the graph, what is the potential energy of the mass when it is one Earth radius above Earth's surface?1 mark

b) Use an equation to explain why the graph is a curve and not a straight line 1 mark

c) Explain what happens to a rocket's chemical energy, kinetic energy and gravitational potential energy when it is being launched from the surface of earth. 3 marks

The coil is connected to a power supply and, at the instant shown, terminal X is positive

a) In which direction will side PQ initially move? 1 mark

b) When the coil starts rotating, the potential difference experienced by the electrons in the wire is less than that supplied by the power supply. Describe eh origin of this effect. 3 marks.

a) Explain the changes in momentum when a satellite fires its propulsion system. 3 marks

b) A satellite is propelled from Orbit 1 to Orbit 2 as shown in the diagram. Orbit 2 has a radius of 27,000km. What is the satellite's speed in this orbit? 3 marks

c) The radius of Orbit 2 is four times that of Orbit 1. What is the ratio of the new orbital period to the original period? 2 marks

Compare how electric current is conducted through samples of germanium at room temperature, mercury at room temperature and mercury at 3K (Tc for mercury is 4.2 k). 4 marks

21. 'The work of scientists is influenced by external factors'/ Do you agree? Justify your answer with references to the work of a scientist in the development of

space exploration

OR

large-scale electricty distribution systems

6 marks

22. Explain why the development of a transformer was necessary to enable the large-scale distribution of electrical power. 3 marks

23 a) On the diagram indicate with an arrow the direction of the force on the electron due to the magnetic field. 1 mark

b) The strength of the magnetic field is B=0.001 T and the electron's velocity is v=2x10^6ms. Calculate the magnitude of the magnetic force on the electron. 2 marks

c) If d=10mm, calculate the voltage required for the electron to continue on a straight path parallel to the plates. 2 marks

d) how was this experimental set-up used by Thomson to determine the charge/mass ratio of an electron? 2 marks

24. How did Einstein's theory of special relativity and his explanation of the photoelectric effect lead to the reconceptualisation of the model of light? 6 marks

25. a) sketch a voltage-time graph for eah generator. 2 marks
b) explain how the difference in connection to the external circuit accounts for the different output voltages. 3 marks

26. a) Which arrangement would produce a spark when the power supply is turned on? Justify your choice. 1 mark

b) Explain how different voltages are induced when the secondary coil is moved to different positions. 2 marks

(27 is missing)

S

Sunnykoala

thanks for putting the questions up! i was feeling very blank after the exam, i cudnt remember all the questions.... so i wasnt feeling sure about what questions i didnt answer well and what they were worth...

anyways question 27 we had to draw a line on the graph and answer questions about some element.. chromium?... it's so chemistry-ish.. i didnt like it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)