Share your ATAR here (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry guys... Class of 15 here and I go to a ranked 500/590 school... If I excel to the greatest extent and work extraordinary hard it is possible to max out my atar I hope ?:/!'

DILIGENCE > PROCRASTINATION
Bos user Maxwell (I think) - talk to him he did extremely well at a low ranked school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

egress

HSC
Sorry guys... Class of 15 here and I go to a ranked 500/590 school... If I excel to the greatest extent and work extraordinary hard it is possible to max out my atar I hope ?:/!'

It's up to your externals, then. The most difficult thing for someone in your position is probably working out how you're going with regards to the rest of the state. Casually getting tutoring and going to things like Carrotsticks' Bored of Studies trials might offer some perspective. It's definitely possible to do well no matter what your school is ranked. :)

aanthnnyyy

HSC
It's up to your externals, then. The most difficult thing for someone in your position is probably working out how you're going with regards to the rest of the state. Casually getting tutoring and going to things like Carrotsticks' Bored of Studies trials might offer some perspective. It's definitely possible to do well no matter what your school is ranked. :)
Thanks so much for the reply, u nailed it exactly... Finding out where I stand with the state.. I guess that's why I slam out past papers of the elite schools and try remain on that level. Thanks anyway it gives a sense of security knowing I'll be fine if I work really hard !

grind 31

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Yes. School Rank =/= HSC Results provided that you manage to secure ~#1 in all of your subjects both internally and externally. Even if not just work really hard anyway

photastic

HSC

If you are not ranked 1st or close to it, you're fked. Got dragged down heaps cos of this.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Is the 99.50 a guarenteed entry into usyd law? Because demand>supply.
Almost half the cohort (I think) are transfers with the rest being 99.7+ kids. They are simply shrinking transfers (because a kid on 99.5 ATAR is probably substantially smarter and hard working than someone with a 77ish WAM in first year commerce or arts).

Note that usyd law ATAR is not lenient at all (e.g. a friend that got 99.65 missed out and went to UNSW law, then transferred to Sydney law). Here, I use the word 'lenient' to mean letting students in with lower ATARs without EAS and any other stuff (which happens quite a bit at other universities)

If you are not ranked 1st or close to it, you're fked. Got dragged down heaps cos of this.
Just checked your tutoring thread, we got same marks (except 2u was 97 for me) and that' definitely true (500+ school rank lol). The 2nd place for 2u was 90 I think so if I ranked 2nd internally, would have been rekt. Congrats on getting those marks mate. I'm sure you will smash university :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)