Seeking advice to prepare for Edutest and NSB 2024 Year 9 transfer tests (1 Viewer)

stnd08

HSC
lol. i wish edutest had what the overall % is. yeh you are right there is 10% of students for superior but I think thats for each subject/topic and it doesn't mention how many people had all 5 superiors. anyway, me with little knowledge think its enough for baulko transfer.
Good luck with the grammar interview as well. i had the interview two years ago and totally bombed.
Same. I made the interview for scholarship but absolutely failed.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I wish you didn't find out 😅

5 superiors is definitely not something to brag about. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely really good, but you have to consider that there are 10% of students sitting in the 'superior' range.
baulko doesn’t even rlly care abt extracurriculars. All schools say that but they don’t care that much especially the top selective schools like let’s be fr all they want are students that’s gonna lift up their rank

stnd08

HSC
baulko doesn’t even rlly care abt extracurriculars. All schools say that but they don’t care that much especially the top selective schools like let’s be fr all they want are students that’s gonna lift up their rank
Yeah I agree with that. But I assume they would choose someone who can bring name to the school in other manners because there are already so many people who are academically proficient at the school.

skzzks

HSC
Yeah I agree with that. But I assume they would choose someone who can bring name to the school in other manners because there are already so many people who are academically proficient at the school.
this is exactly what the principal told me in the interview last year, they’re not expecting u to top the grade they just want u to bring what u have to offer to baulko (but this was also before the edutest so)

Sethio

HSC
Most of the atar generators are already in the school. Very rarely, not to say never, does a student who transfers rise to the ranks straight away within the school. It's more of a push to become a school that has a holistic approach to character development. Someone who excels not only in academics but in their chosen extracurricular and most importantly shows a desire to challenge themselves (they don't have to produce the most exceptional results), will most likely stand out to these schools, as it shows that you are willing to take on opportunities. This is not to say that academics aren't crucial, but they don't expect "you" to be the student who drastically increases the school's rank. If you happen to rise to the top, great job, but don't consider this a barrier to your selection.

MEHM68

HSC
what was the yr 10 entry edutest like what were the concepts?

stnd08

HSC
what was the yr 10 entry edutest like what were the concepts?
Definitions of words you wouldn’t see at school, Logical stuff like (earth is to sun, moon is to ___), Reading comprehension, Mathematics (just basic stuff like algebra and fundamentals), creative writing (looking at image and word prompt). Idk someone add on if i missed smth. Overall, it was all pretty easy stuff as long as your time management was good. Emphasis on good because a lot of people struggled with time management.

Mimi818

HSC
N/A
Hi, I am planning to try year 10 entry selective high school exams next year. My parents work overseas so I am currently studying overseas (I am Australian), may I know if tuition are needed to prep for Edutest exams or I should look into online courses? Thank you!

Yes99

HSC
Hi, I am planning to try year 10 entry selective high school exams next year. My parents work overseas so I am currently studying overseas (I am Australian), may I know if tuition are needed to prep for Edutest exams or I should look into online courses? Thank you!
Based on my experience, tuition is not needed to prep for Edutest. Having said that, i don't know what is offered at tuition centres tbh.
I didn't find online practice exams to be that helpful either but the vic year 9 entry practice test (free online) was the hardest for me and should give you a good practice.
skzzks and amy2181's replies within this post is very helpful (more helpful than the online tests). ChiliVinegar's response (on page 4) shows how the test was like this year is a good read too. Good luck with the prep!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)