Section IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Which question did you do?

• Q. 27

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Q. 28

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

driaxx

HSC
Re: Question 27.

hard question! I forgot to mention consumer types... damn I could hit my head against a brick wall for that one completely slipping my mind..

For the financial planning cycle, I went through them all but basically I wrote that Qantas had higher spending customers who brought in more revenue and that had more demands on spending, thats how they influenced budgets. Like they bring in a lot of revenue for their flights (put in statistics and that) but they also demand things like technology, luxury (i wrote they spent $300mil on technology). That was the jist of my essay - I included more things here and there - like more finance because of high earning customers leads to more risk, but also more demand for risk and entrepreneurial activity.

Then I wrote than in comparison to Jet Star's customers - they're a cheaper airline so they bring in less revenue (esp. cause they use loss leaders) but they spend less in technology; updates and that.

But since I didn't mention customer types - looks like I did that all wrong. Maybe they can understand that by mentioning 'Business people' I meant Businesses/firms? :( That's the only hope I have...If they sort of catch my drift. Because I did answer them I just didn't specifically mention the customer types.

Sean432

HSC
Re: Business Studies Section IV: Extended Response

Lets all stop bullshitting around. Those questions were a joke. Triple Barrelled? With huge content per area. It makes it so difficult to both structure, link, designate enough time to each area + incorporate case studies. The board of studies screwed up in my opinion. Look at last years if you want proof! It was essentially managing change effectively- link to effective ER. You cant get much easier than that.

leestarr

HSC
Re: Question 27.

yeah that was the worst question ive ever seen it had to much content and it was very difficult to link the planning cycle with marketing strategies and customers.
see i ran out of time but i did a detailed scaffold or plan. How many marks do u guys reckon i could scab from the scaffold maybe 2 marks i dunno?

driaxx

HSC

Yeah that was pretty hard!

I set qn 27 out like this over 10pgs: (I got the customer types wrong but hopefully they get my jist I answered it, just without the termonology which could've gotten me those few extra marks)

* Intro
* Qantas' marketing campaign for household (i just wrote patriotic citizens.. fml!) aimed at sparking patriotism etc... then I wrote because it was successful with customers, it was relaunched this year showing that since the customers responded positively to it, this affected the marketing strategies
* Different brand name for Jet Star (hybrid branding) to entice different customers - showing how dif. customers react differently
* went into a bit more about firms/businesses
* did a small/medium paragraph for the financial planning cycle segments- it was more organised than my marketing part...
* conclusion

a guy in my class did 24 pgs for both III and IV. lol. not quantity its quality but who knows - could've been quality also.

I Study Hard

HSC

I know right, like how much content did you have to get down and link at the same time.
I got how to link them (q28) and what information i had to put down but in the time frame we had it was just too hard to finish, i have scribbley writing and dot points everywhere with unfinished sentences because there was no way i could get it all down in time.
Its pretty unfair of them to give us such a loaded question, i am pretty sure it was alot harder then the ones in the past exams but its not the level of difficulty that got me, it was that they wanted width aswell as depth and there just wasn't enough time.
I'd be suprised if my response wasn't more then a 14 with the disjointed dot point response the end of report style response was in. (I suck at essays so i prefer doing report style responses)

sickk

HSC

mine was about 6 pages for q 27, thought it was alright, but looking back it was a clusterfuck. i didn't link SHIT, just a bunch of random (made up on the spot of course) statistics, a VERY dodgy table and some suspect percentages about the local cinema where i work. hopefully its some senile old person marking it who cuts me some slack lol
lol i did my local cinema where i work ! haha

red-butterfly

HSC

I did question 28

I wrote about 12 pages :D which i'm surprised about ... ahhh Business studies is GREAT for BS :D

mattpwd

HSC

I had a major mental blank and completley forgot my case study! I think I did all rite for what I wrote. I wrote about 7 pages and put all the relevant info on financial and marketing strategies etc. Any ideas on how badly I'l get marked down?

Robpres1

HSC

haa man you can just make up your case studies they don't check as long as it sounds right but yeah i did q28 it was an analyse so all u had to do was find the relationships between research, marketing planand financial strategies but i reckon that it had three parts was heaps weird

yelacsap

HSC

i did q28 for section 4..i think i just wrote 5 or 6 pages for that.. i can say that marketing dominated the Business studies 09 paper.. (i focused on studying employment relations and financial management.. and i just revised the marketing topic when i arrived at school this mornin..) OMG.. :jaw:

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC

I did 28, had a mental blank at the beginning and from then things picked up. Wrote 10 pages.

Keira Anne

HSC

^

i did #27 and had no idea how to link it all together

i ended up randomly linking market strategies (distribution channel, promotion and pricing strategies) with the customer and then saying that expenses should be cut and financial goals set. I don't know the financial planning cycle >.<

what the hell is 'the customer' anyway
ME TOO oh god mine was in shambles lol

trim77

HSC

forgot to write my future/recommondation in qn 28 and ran out of time.. was very disappointed however my plan was detailed but im still quite worried:(

samirs_maxin

HSC

$$$$ For question 26 $$$$ MY ANSWERS WERE (obviously extended repsonses):

outline 2 social responsibilities = quality of working life, ecological sustainability??
recommend one global marketing strategy = international area structure??
2 key influences on employment relations = Political influences (civil unrest and war, political tensions between protectionism and free trade etc) legal influences (contracts, dispute resolution, intellectual properly orrrr = labour law variations, staffing systems, new oraganisational and behavioural influences {i did more on these then political and legal am i right?}

Thanks heaps p.s question 28 was a mfn bitch lol hopefully still above 16/20

helen1507

HSC

Heyy
Does anyone know what raw score out of 100 is normally needed for a band 6?

Thanks.

samirs_maxin

HSC

Heyy
Does anyone know what raw score out of 100 is normally needed for a band 6?

Thanks.
Im guessing this year an 86 LOL all the posts give me this tinglin feelin hahaha

busybe

HSC
N/A

yeh, multi choice was ok.hated 3 of them haha.kooked ones i knew.didn't get time to finish Q28 went into to much detail, n left myself a lil short. If i had 10mins more i would of finished n been really happy.wen i read Q27 i laughed, only one person from my skool did that. short answers i liked, cause i knew wat i was writing.did anyone else not finish one of the extended responses?

X-terc

HSC
N/A

I did 28. I wrote 11 pages with huge hand writing! lol literally. I only discussed one case study through out my response or we NEED to have more than one? if yes, oh shit.

anyone who did 27 must be super duper prepared or just bad decision. LOL 27 was very hard.

mattpwd

HSC

haa man you can just make up your case studies they don't check as long as it sounds right but yeah i did q28 it was an analyse so all u had to do was find the relationships between research, marketing planand financial strategies but i reckon that it had three parts was heaps weird
yea but the thing was i completley forgot to put any case study in! I just had a major mental blank. SO any idea on how much i'l get marked down?

HSC

yea but the thing was i completley forgot to put any case study in! I just had a major mental blank. SO any idea on how much i'l get marked down?
5 marks max.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)