Section IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Which question did you do?

• Q. 27

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Q. 28

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

InIt/4o34

HSC
Re: Business Studies Section IV: Extended Response

The BOS will moderate the marks. My teacher is an experience marker. She said not to shit yourself, these marks will most probably be increase by a few marks because financial is usually a subject in which students struggle with. Especially in extended response. I wish I did 28 instead of 27.

i agree with the last sentence
i wish i done 28, screwed up soooooo bad in 27
had no idea wat to write so i just stated the different types of customers n how marketing is aimed at them n then finished with talkin bout financial planning cycle which i had no idea about!!!!

FAILLLL

c-rudd

HSC

my case study integration was pitiful... u could see how much i didnt know as i'd finish the paragraph n be like OH SHIT *inserts one liner about hsbc and dominos
i got all the syllabus points right but, as in customer types and the planning cycle but marketing strategies is SO LENGTHY
my linkages was shit
so im thinking i get a 12/20 deadset

Steveen13

HSC

Q28 was easy
market research process
-determining info needs
-data analysis(primary secondary)
-data collection
determines what goes in market plan
situational analysis
determine market objectives
target market identification
market strategies
implement-monitor-control
leads to effective attainment of objectives
liquidity
solvency
profitability
efficency
+ case study

00iCon

HSC

I didn't care; I had no idea what to write for the both of them.
SAME! except i didn't know either process, so I wrote what I knew which just happened to be financial objectives! So Q 28.
I did it in report format, essays can go and get:chainsaw: or :shoot:or both!

pinkispunk66

HSC

solvency isn't a financial objective :(

saney

HSC

I Think Q28 was expressed poorly, it was horrible trying to structure it.

0hhAce

HSC

I actually done the same thing as you. however i have been so dissapointed in myself because what we didnt include is that one dot point of primary and secondary information. i only got 5 pages done for some reason too.
how many words do you guys put per line? i get about 15

00iCon

HSC

solvency isn't a financial objective :(
SHIT! really?
ahaha i wrote liqudidity, solvency, profitability, efficiency :( then i went on to give examples of the ratios and what info they provide. Oh and i BS'd the case studies there :p

or to sum it up:
1) ??????
2) PROFIT!

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC

Totally don't understand why I chose Q27.

Started to write about 2 pages, with 1hour and 1/2 to go and was deciding whether I should have started again and did the Q28, but I soldiered on.

Wrote about types of customers:
People
Firm
Household
Government
Education Institute
Religious Organisations
Clubs & Societies

and then started talking about Marketing Strategies
Product
Price
Promotion
Distribution/Place

and then wrote hardly anything for the Financial Planning Process :|.

anthonyyo

HSC
wasnt to bad i thought .
i wrote about 11 pages.
i follwed the syllabus closely for all the three sections, an anaylised how the market research process was used to develop the marketing plan and financial objectives, added my case study(qantas) in nearly every paragraph.
what should i get out of 20, any ideas?

12em12

HSC
lol for q27 u didn't have to list and explain all the types of customers in a seprate heading you get no marks for that.

the question specifically asked how customers influence marketing strategies and financial planning process.

hence you can explain marketing strategies and then incorporate customer types and this can work well with any case study.

then u do financial planning process, same you incorporate customer types with it.

i endd up integrating all customer types in explaining marketing strategies and financial planning process except for government bcause i didn't think it was a customer for coca cola amatil. i doubt that will matter though.

hopefully 18-20 especiall after reading how small % done this question only one in my skool and those who did it didn't enjoy it.

and i unlik most began with 28 after intro swapped it for 27 :spin:

kning818100

HSC
i thought it was easy, BOS acutally testing on teachers teaching skills on the small parts of the syllubus, i heard its like the last year they gonna do this syllabus, so we are like the evaluation year for this or soemthing. but anyway, it was ok.

pinkispunk66

HSC

SHIT! really?
ahaha i wrote liqudidity, solvency, profitability, efficiency :( then i went on to give examples of the ratios and what info they provide. Oh and i BS'd the case studies there :p

or to sum it up:
1) ??????
2) PROFIT!

haha i did the same thing. i wrote solvency then got home and was like fuck growth and return on OE! oh well lol

ryoung

HSC
i didnt understand the business report so i chose the two essays instead. i thought they were pretty easy, did anyone else choose the extended responses instead of the business report?

heavenfalling

HSC

Question 28. Can't remember jack shit for the financial planning cycle even though I made acronyms to remember it.
I wrote in essay format. I don't think I included enough case studies (cause I couldn't remember), I could link it but can't seem to put the linkage in words properly.
Totally stuffed up the essay.

supun47

HSC
I did 28, and did case studies, but have no idea if they wouldve worked.

1. Coca Cola saw the growing demand for sports drinks through market research. Coca Cola then decided to create its own brand of sports drinks- Powerade. That then increased profits )

2. A similar one... Toyota saw the need to expand into the luxury car market through market research, so they craeted Lexus, which boosted profits

3. Ford saw the need to create new fuel efficent cars, through market reseach. They also saw that they needed to stop spending large amounts of money on the production of non-fuel efficient cars, through there research. So, they slashed expenses by closing down factory's which manufactured fuel guzzlers. That ended up saving Ford from bankruptcy, following a dramtic slump in the demand for big cars.

And thats it! as u can c, its very, very far from perfect but i think and hope ill get a mark close to 15... mayb 13 or 14. What do you guys think?

Valupatitta

HSC

i loved this section. i did q 27 and i think i linked everything together well. im hoping for a 18-20/20 for this section :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)