Section III - Studies in Peace and Conflict (1 Viewer)

C

Crazy Pomo

Silver Persian said:
Well I did the nuclear protest question, and it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first. I got 15 pages, cause you could talk about all the attempts to limit weaponry and then assess if nuclear protest movements were influential. Which they werent

But we also didnt learn much about nuclear protester...luckily I studied it at home

Yeah I was going to do that one but realised I didn't do enough. FUCK! I reckon a higher percentage would have done part a) so you are against a lesser percentage of students. Damn you.

mai

HSC
anyone who did Conflcit in the Pacific...(a) about umm allied strategies?
rofl.. did anyone make them up like i did looll

jezca87

HSC
south africa

i studied conflict in south africa just wondering if any one else did this?

stu_jacks88

For the Cold War question, part a) i basically discussed all of the crises; from Barlin Blockade in 48 to Nicaragua in the 80's. I gave reasons for the initiation of each conflict and then assessed whether it was the expansionist policies and/or tendincies of the USSR which led to the said crises. I left my detailed conflict till last; Korea, it was difficult, but i showed that without the backing of the USSR and its expansionist policies, the crisis may have not in fact occured. I went on to talk about the measures the USSR put in place to conceal its involvement, etc, etc. I wrote two pages for Korea, and spent only three on all the other crises combined.

Many of the people i talked to only looked at a specific crisis, mentioning some of the others due to the time period but not analysing them to their fullest extent. By looking at the question's wording; 'crises' not 'crisis', i thought that the correct thing to do was go through all the 'crises' and then look at one 'crisis' in detail. Am i right or wrong???

HSC
bosby said:
For Arab Israeli i did 24 a) but i didnt even know wat pan-arab nationalism meant wat did anyone else write who did the same?
Yeah i did the pan arab nationalism one....it was pretty limiting i thought. I wrote down everything i from the text book about the united arab league etc, but then fell about 15 yrs short of the 1979 in the question lol...i ended up going on with something about lack or cooperation between the arab nations or something, ultimately concluding that pan arab nationalism was ineffective

HotShot

-_-
HSC
16191469 said:
Yeah i did the pan arab nationalism one....it was pretty limiting i thought. I wrote down everything i from the text book about the united arab league etc, but then fell about 15 yrs short of the 1979 in the question lol...i ended up going on with something about lack or cooperation between the arab nations or something, ultimately concluding that pan arab nationalism was ineffective
u just need to talk about the wars, and why they happened? abou the sadat and nasser, and reactions of the superpowers. I did this though i admit the second was easier, but i couldnt rememeber anything in that timeframe. PLO abd HAMAS was easier, but by no means was arab-israeli easy compared to the other optiosn its so fuckin complicated.

C

Crazy Pomo

HotShot said:
u just need to talk about the wars, and why they happened? abou the sadat and nasser, and reactions of the superpowers. I did this though i admit the second was easier, but i couldnt rememeber anything in that timeframe. PLO abd HAMAS was easier, but by no means was arab-israeli easy compared to the other optiosn its so fuckin complicated.
Arab - Israeli, like you said, is just as difficult/easy as the other International Studies in Peace and Conflict, I would have like to have studied it in retrospect.

Bobby George

HSC
I did Conflict in the Pacific
I'm quite suprised that no one so far has said that they did decolonisation. I thought that was blatantly obvious, and quite simplistic in comparsion to allied strategies, which is too i dunno, diverse i think, too many things to talk about without a whole lot of depth (but hey thats just my opinion)

a8o

HSC
Bobby George said:
I did Conflict in the Pacific
I'm quite suprised that no one so far has said that they did decolonisation. I thought that was blatantly obvious, and quite simplistic in comparsion to allied strategies, which is too i dunno, diverse i think, too many things to talk about without a whole lot of depth (but hey thats just my opinion)
The depth was good - cause if you didnt know shit you had enough to write about surely from just turning up to class and absorbing whatever went on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)