Section III - Studies in Peace and Conflict (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Thoughts? Comments? The final recognition that peace is never attainable?

willed

asleep but interested
HSC
I can only say that I detest extremists and their assassinations which made Arab-Israeli just that little bit more complicated. Damn messed up world.

nwatts

HSC
Oh but it's the extremists that make the world go round.

I did 24 a) for Arab-Israel. Majorly regretted it. I take it from your comments that you did b)?

cimbom

HSC
I did Indochina- 25a was okay, just US policy. I think I wrote too much though.

... I just read the Arab- Israeli question, 24b. Why is it in present tense- "Evaluate the view that the PLO and Hamas ARE largely to blame..." and then it's between 1979 and 1996? Did the examiners get confused with what's going on now?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I did 25a also. Talked about My Lai, Tet, Khe Sanh and also said other problems were responsible so I could write more as it said "To what extent.."

HSC
Cold War questions were a bit unexpected.

I did the nuclear protest one, had to ramble a bit, but I think it came off ok.

And why do they keep having the crisis question...Korea is so boring...

nwatts

HSC
cimbom said:
I did Indochina- 25a was okay, just US policy. I think I wrote too much though.

... I just read the Arab- Israeli question, 24b. Why is it in present tense- "Evaluate the view that the PLO and Hamas ARE largely to blame..." and then it's between 1979 and 1996? Did the examiners get confused with what's going on now?
Haha! Controversy! Get the legal studies team!

It's a continuing struggle. I assume the writer forgot that they slapped an end on the course.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
haha silly Board of Studies

and conflict in the pacific was fairly good only cause i learnt strategies last night and could incorporate the biggest bullshit of the course in there (the atomic bomb)

so i'm hoping to get fairly good for that.

thank god i only screwed up Germany

roadcone

HSC
i did 26. b)

found it was pretty straightforward, i think i did alright

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
I did the Cold War question on the crises - and I thought it was a pretty good question. A lot of people at my school hated it though, am not sure why! I thought it was a pretty open-ended question which allowed you to do what you wanted with it. I argued that all of the USSR's policies boiled back to them wanting to protect the USSR [given what happened in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945]....and examined the extent to which they were responsible for the Berlin Blockade 1948-49, Berlin Wall 1961, and Cuban Missile Crisis 1962. All round, I thought it was fine. I thought that the nuclear protesters question was horrible though, all of our History teachers [including an ex-Head Marker] thought it was ridiculous - and doubted anyone's ability to actually write a 30 mark essay on it.....

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
i did cold war i liked the ussr policy question but i was a bit stumped at the refer to at least one crisis in depth.
i refered to berlin and otehr policies briefly but focused on the cuban crisis.. but saying that i didnt focus on the cuban crisis as much as id hoped bcuz i wasnt sure if the q wanted us jst to talk bout cuba or bring in other policies...

wat did u guys write? just info on ur main crisis?

cimbom

HSC
sunjet said:
I did 25a also. Talked about My Lai, Tet, Khe Sanh and also said other problems were responsible so I could write more as it said "To what extent.."
Did you talk about the media's influence on public attitudes towards the war- (so extent of knowledge and anti- war movement) especially with My Lai, Khe Sanh and Tet? I sort of just did US policy from 1954- 1973 Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon... and impact of policy on outcomes of Vietnam... leaving because of failed objectives and public response to those failed objectives... it sort of all connected.

.... How many people answered 25a, or 25b? Because most people i talked to answered b- they thought it was easier, antiwar sort- of confused some.

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
Tulipa said:
well duh it was easy

it was one line.

how the hell do you know how to answer that?!?!
lol, it actually didn't even make a full line.

the hardest part about it was the fact that you really had too much to write, like you could quite easily like everything in the syllabus to it if you wanted but time was a bitch.

in saying that though it wasn't as broad as you would think in terms that you could quite easily get carried away and not answer the question properly.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Twiggyy said:
i did cold war i liked the ussr policy question but i was a bit stumped at the refer to at least one crisis in depth.
i refered to berlin and otehr policies briefly but focused on the cuban crisis.. but saying that i didnt focus on the cuban crisis as much as id hoped bcuz i wasnt sure if the q wanted us jst to talk bout cuba or bring in other policies...

wat did u guys write? just info on ur main crisis?
ha, my thoughts exactly! I'm somewhat worried because I took it to mean that I could do one crisis in depth and nothing else. So I did missile crisis in great depth, all related to the question but now I wonder if the question wanted me to do more of an overview... oh well, history extension calls.

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
^ ohh cool im not the only one worried about it...i hope it wasnt one of those trick questions cuz those word "at least one in depth" really annoyed me !
but YAY HSC IS OVERR!

*ccs*

i did indochina b.. effects on us intervention on viet and cambodian villagers... it was the best question coz u could write about heaps... us involvment and escalation, us offensives and effects on SV, hcm trail, leak of war into cambodia, Khemer rouge, pol pot, and china in 3rd IC was...it was SOOOOO GOOOODDDD

bosby

HSC
For Arab Israeli i did 24 a) but i didnt even know wat pan-arab nationalism meant wat did anyone else write who did the same?

aurora_05

HSC
I did Indochina 25.a
I thought that was a pretty good question. I talked about how US became involved to begin with and the escalation of their involvement, early signs of anti-war movements, events that happened to increase movements (Khe Sanh, Tet, My Lai), nature of movements, increased media coverage and its effect (pentagon papers), peaking of the anti-war movement, reasons why US withdrew in general, then an evaluation of the anti-war movements as the reason for withdrawal.
Im not sure if any of what I wrote was irrelevant but I didnt want to leave anything out! I mean its 30 marks, didnt want to take any chances...
Glad its over!!

jennylim

HSC
could not, i stress, could not have been more perfect.

we'd done personal assignments on dot points that were given to us, and mine was decolonisation. my friend did allied strategies. those were the only two i bothered. learning. conflict in the pacific, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)