Section III - Personalities (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What personality did you do? How did you find the questions?

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Xerxes, the questions weren't bad. They focused a lot on his administration and military which could be talked a lot about in depth. The 'Discuss Xerxes' military achievements' (15marker) was done pretty well, although you'd have to talk about both positives and negatives of it which might get a lot of people off.

M

MichelleV

Cleopatra was "How did Cleopatra become Queen of Egypt?" and "Discuss the nature of Cleopatra's relationship with Rome"

Easy easy questions. Seriously. How did she become queen? That's like, so simple.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Who ever did Xerxes. Can you tell me what you included for administration of empire?

Tavin

HSC
Pericles, 10 marker on building program and 15 marker on military achievements. Pretty simple, really. Wasn't expecting it based on how easy the last years exam was.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Who ever did Xerxes. Can you tell me what you included for administration of empire?
Off the top of my head, 'the satrapal triangle' (general, secretary and treasurer), religion, the law, the army (primarily defense and maintenance roles), and I did mention the Seven Noble Families (although I also said they weren't explicitly used by, or necessary for, Xerxes).

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Ok i totaslly screwed that question up. I talked about revolts and taxation system sigh..

Fake-Name

HSC
Ok i totaslly screwed that question up. I talked about revolts and taxation system sigh..
Taxation is administration. I talked about the revolts for military achievement.

The B was shitty. It didnt ask you to evaluate or judge Xerxes' military achievement. It just wanted you to discuss his military achievement. I.e Revolts, Thermopylae and Athens. It made it that little more difficult to discuss his loser battles, I still did though, but I would have done better if it was just simply evaluate Xerxes' attempt to expand the Empire.

nbaxter

HSC
I did Agrippina. Questions were similar. 10 Mark - Background Julio Claudians (was great because we did the Julio-Claudians) and the basis of her power and influence.
Overall, very pleased with the questions.

funkygirl59

HSC
What were the Hatshepsut questions this year?
why did hatshepsut undertake a building program (10 marks)
discuss the nature of hatshepsut and thuthmose iii's relationship (15 marks)
SOOO GOOD. just perfect. so easy.

f_ckthehsc

HSC
caesar was shit as

a) describe military activity prior to 60 BC - not much scope there at all, he didn't fucking do anything except some service and stuff in spain!
b) discuss the nature of his reforms as a dictator - this was okay, but still pretty boring, who gives a shit

sooo many interesting things they could have asked about (ie. assassination, civil war, triumivirate) and they focused on the shit and paltry aspects of the syllabus....i don't feel i did bad, but i could've done so much more with better Q's!

Galladrim

HSC
Tiberius Gracchus :love:

The question was so surprising. They actually talk about the agrarian reform?????:haha:

Easy, fairly similar to the trial questions really. No surprises, and really, with Tiberius Gracchus, you'd have to seriously be trying to think of one. Wrote a solid amount, linked with historiography throughout.

anexasaved

HSC
I did Agrippina. Questions were similar. 10 Mark - Background Julio Claudians (was great because we did the Julio-Claudians) and the basis of her power and influence.
Overall, very pleased with the questions.
But there was really no scope for the 10mark Julio-Claudian question! I swear that question was realistically worth no more than 5 marks, struggled to write more than a page and half on her background =/
And the 15 marker, well it was fine for Ag, but i felt like i was repeating myself from part (a) because a lot of the basis of her power and influences comes from her family background.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Taxation is administration. I talked about the revolts for military achievement.

The B was shitty. It didnt ask you to evaluate or judge Xerxes' military achievement. It just wanted you to discuss his military achievement. I.e Revolts, Thermopylae and Athens. It made it that little more difficult to discuss his loser battles, I still did though, but I would have done better if it was just simply evaluate Xerxes' attempt to expand the Empire.
Keep in mind military achievement isn't always defined by victory; the logistics associated with some of his 'loser battles' could easily be considered achievements in themselves.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
I talked about revolts and taxation as well, now that I think about it. You could say he had good administration since he had put down the revolts quickly. If you expressed it well, they would consider the points just as valid as my points.

Fake-Name

HSC
Keep in mind military achievement isn't always defined by victory; the logistics associated with some of his 'loser battles' could easily be considered achievements in themselves.
Didnt even consider that... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)