Section III, IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How were your Historical period questions? (sections 3 and 4)

How many pages?

Last edited:

KoeN

Yeah (says Dennis on KoeN's account)

I studied for it, and it was still fucking shit!

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
Did not like them at all... my worst bit, i only got 5 ish pages each...

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i did the second triumvirate, i did 5 pages, for the augustus one for the last part i did 8 pages, but i forgot all the important dates but i add quotes from ancient historians describing augustus etc

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Heh, I did Akhenaten/ NK Egypt, and the Horemheb question fitted nicely with the 'attempts to suppress memories' question... I got to use a lot of the same ideas in 2 sections :D

The horemheb question in NKE was also exactly the same as in my trial and a past question... too easy. Only wrote 8 pages though.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
i did Augustus and the Julio Claudians and wrote 10 pages and Society in Rome from Augustus to Titus i wrote 7 pages... that latter question was a bit tricky but once you got going it was good. i'm really happy with the paper it was good!

Kirika

HSC
i had sparta and greece 800-500 for the essay q. werent to bad, managed about ten for each... wish i knew about draco though...:(

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i did Greek world 500 440 BC and i did Persian society in the time of Darius and Xerxes.. i really liked the questions coz i studied but i still couldnt remember as much as i hoped only got 4 pages for each but i have tiny writing ik guess..

Jeeeb

I did the Delian League question from Greek World 500-440 BC for Section III, and the Hyksos question from Start N.K. Egypt -> Thutmose IV for Section IV, both were nice questions IMO + fitted well with what I'd studied! w00t w00t!

rebecca05

HSC
Reason to complain!!

Hey guys, i thought it sucked! But before you generalise listen...You all might have good reason to complain...but I have more!!

My options were crap, well Greece 500-440BC were ok but i also do the Hellenistic period (we are the only school in the entire state that does it and I am not joking! It's been taken out of the syllabus next year because it's so hard and noone does it. There are no texts book on our period and hardly any resources...I swear to God I'm not exaggerating!)

And because of the Hellenistic options they stuffed up my Greece ones. I was going to do Delian League to Empire cos i am a gun at that and can get like 24/25 for it (not boasting) but I ended up having to do Cimon (wasn't too bad but only maybe 21/25 if lucky) because the only Hellenistic option i understood was in the Delian League papaer!!

HSC
Jeeeb said:
I did the Delian League question from Greek World 500-440 BC for Section III, and the Hyksos question from Start N.K. Egypt -> Thutmose IV for Section IV, both were nice questions IMO + fitted well with what I'd studied! w00t w00t!
Haha I'm the same as you exactly. Sadly, I hadn't studied much for the Hyksos- I had to do that question though, because Delian League is my strong point- and i had to make the expulsion of the Hyksos into an essay about how it made women prominent and how the military technology from fighting against the Hyksos that they developed allowed them to expand... I took it aaall the way up to TIII. Exam inventiveness at its best.

Libbster

HSC
i did expansion for NK-ThutIV and Akhenaten for the other one. i loved those q's i did 7 and 8.5 respectively

bind

haha wooooo. we only did one historical period, and i did greek world 500-440. haha i really hadnt studied enough, and all i really studied was transformation of delian league into athenian empire. so basically if the question had been on anything else i would have been screwed. hahah yay for being a luckyhead! *big happy face*

rebecca05

HSC
Anthrax said:
i did about 20 pages each

That's insane! Ur an absolute NERD!! lol (In a good way)

I did one booklet on each (Greece i used some of the opposite pages and margins cos i forgot bits otherwise it would have been about 10 pages, but my second option was Hellenistic Period and it is the hardest of them all! They don't even have a teacher that can mark them at HSC marking centre cos my teacher who knows heaps about it (but isn't great at teaching it - well not my style of learning anyway (and I'm not making excuses I came second at my school)) can't mark our school! They have a university professor mark it and it's just us!!

Bo-batron

HSC
Historical Period was by far my best section. I filled up a booklet (which is good for me) and I somehow remembered all of my quotes and stuff.... studied up good for it! I did New Kingdom Egypt - Thutmose 4. Ya... gooooooood.
I'm just stoked to be done! (it was my last!!)

nono

HSC
N/A
Did anyone do Fall of Roman Republic 78-28
Optimates and populares question??

What did you guys write for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)