Section II - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

bhsrepresent

HSC
Hmm I'm not sure man. Hopefully they follow your lead and misinterpret your answer LOL

NWO

HSC
Maybe i should stop reading this forum. Im getting more answers incorrect... and i bet lots of people read it wrong...

Randox

HSC
N/A
So considering the calculation was 1 mark and I wrote: change in (Triangle)Y=k*change(triangle)in AD
Therefore Y=100*2.5
=250

I didn't put the million or $ sign. Would I get the 1 mark? :(

bhsrepresent

HSC
So considering the calculation was 1 mark and I wrote: change in (Triangle)Y=k*change(triangle)in AD
Therefore Y=100*2.5
=250

I didn't put the million or $ sign. Would I get the 1 mark? :(
Likely not.

EpicHero

HSC
I hated short answer, I would be lucky to get 20/40...hope I made up for it elsewhere in the paper.
Dude I'm right with you on this. I hated it so much, I just kept writing an answer that goes in one big circle :(

Hopefully my essays can pull me up, they're the only section I'm totally happy with.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm PRETTY sure the question was about diverting the highway away from the town. But considering i've slept sub-10 hours in the past month, someone else verify?
The questions was saying that there was a pre existing highway running through a country land. The government wanted to build a bypass to go around the country land. It asked about the benefits and costs of building the bypass.
I put that the economic cost of building the bypass was the expenditure of resources and labour needed. the benefit was that the environment would be saved from the highway traffic and also the social benefit of people being able to use that bypass

NWO

HSC
can u look at my other thread on this forum?

P.T.F.E

HSC
What did everyone say for that bypass question (1st question)?
Cost: Loss of tourism/business due to traffic not passing through town (impact on local shops and stuff for business)
Benefit: Fewer emissions causing decreased air pollution resulting in a higher quality of life.

Hayley :)

yeah i said costs: tourism, economic interaction for the town decrease as they will be now bypassed, environment in building bypass such as logging etc.
benefits: noise pollution reduction, reduction in air pollution, Increase in infrastructure increases development for economy and employment opportunity in the construction of the bypass

shanegale1

HSC
can someone explain to me how 18 is D) since a increase in world oil supply would decrease it's prices - effectively reducing cost-push inflationary pressures since it's a factor of production which encompasses literally everything????? why would the inflationary impact of a change in oil prices be discarded with the underlying annual inflation rate if it's inflationary effects would be felt in every good weighted in the CPI? please respond nerds.

pHyRe

HSC
Wrong thread but okay:

Headline is everything, so the average of ALL prices has fallen from 3% to 2% growth

Underlying removes volatile components, like oil, and this figure is 3%. So, if you remove the volatile stuff the inflation rate is higher. That means, that the volatile stuff is bringing the headline figure down. So, something has decreased in price quite a lot.

Thus, the answer is D because oil prices will decrease if supply increases. If everyone has 10 kg of gold then no one will pay anything to buy it since it's plentiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)