Section I - Personalities (1 Viewer)

Jeeeb

I did hatshepsut, didn't like the final question on her Imagery, the others were leftfield but very answerable, but the one on her imagery I was down to quoting archaeological source and "historians say...."

bind

i did agrippina. at first, i was totaly confused by the (c) question.. but then i just wrote about what different historians said..e.g. Tacitus..negative view of Agrippina like his damning asides.. like "her private life was chaste - unless power was to be gained". and then like the statues.. the one of her and claudius etc..then the coins. *shrug*. lets hope thats what they wanted.

niteshade1312

HSC
images means representation. As long as you wrote the constrating and comparison between the interpretations of the ancient and the modern historians. I also chucked in some archaeological representations like coins and sculptures for Agrippina. I thought they questions shouldnt have been 12 makrs though!

bre

**blu_rose** said:
all i basically wrote was abt the controversy abt her relationship with him, even though we were told not to go into that bit and i tried to talk abt the what his roles were but i completely forgot, what did u guys write for that bit?
I.... drew a blank too..... so I wrote a page of stuff I made up.. well they were educated guesses.... poorly educated guesses, but you know.

Stupid crapy crap.

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
"I came I saw I conquered"

positive said:
Caesar was pretty good, last question was tough tho since I was hazy on his military exploits... I was just like "And he defeated Vercingetorix!"

lol did anyone include "I came I saw I conquered," I always wanted to use that in an essay!
"I came I saw I conquered" was the only real quote i used. I just paraphrased the rest!!

rebecca05

HSC
I did Alexander...overall it was crap. Non-Greeks was ok...blabbed through the others but so did not study early career and the epithet!! Not cool! I just blabbed on about how good he was and how Arrian loved him, totally forgot to mentio how Worthington hated him etc... I only looked at his positives and not the negatives!! AArrrggggh!!!

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
Well for Hatshepsut, 'images' certainly didn't mean historian interpretations.. Images was easy - her crossdressing tendencies and the Divine Birth.

Bit addled about Senenmut.. have avoided him all year and decided to read a bit about him the night before. So tutored Neferure, lots of titles, got to have tombs at Deir el Bahri? Oh it was like a 8 mark question.

Describe Hatshepsut's religious beliefs was weird.. uh she thought she was a god? We initially did NKE as a society, so I knew some stuff about. We ended up doing NKE as a historical period - and oh the question was significance of Hat & Thut III's coregency! I love how my teachers planned this out.

I was in panic this morning.. but ONE exam left.

*ccs*

Kirika said:
what the hell was up with (C) on agrippina??? a and b were easy, they ask them every year, but i'images'?? i wrote a heap a crap about the different veiws f ancient and modern sources and included a couple of events but there is no way i got near 12... does anyone know that they answered it well and can tell me what the q meant??
hey i generally wrote about that too...about her public image through coins, statues and stuff..then i did historian images like comparing tacitus and barrett and cassius dio....what else did anyone write?

Ali.

HSC
I did Agrippina II, i thought the questions were great i am so happy with what i wrote.. i don't know what people were stumped with on part 'c' i didn't even think about it really i just wrote. but then i found it fun because i have such a passion for this toppic.

Mandy101

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Anyone do Akhenaten?

It was odd how they went back to the 2001 Mark Distribution (5/8/12) after the 3 years of 5/10/10.

I didn't think there was enough to talk about for Akhenaten part (c) for 12 marks, so I talked about Amenhotep III's Sed Festival influencing him, and how Horemheb used him as a scapegoat to become more powerful... lol, I basically said that Akhenaten was the greatest pharaoh ever, and Horemheb was a liar who portrayed him as bad for his own gain.
I nearly had a heart attack when I read the Akhenaten questions. I managed to do them well in the end, but could they have been any more bloody specific?!! "The Layout of Akhetaten" - what more can you say than it faces east, is bound by fourteen boundary stelae, and has a Workmens village, residential area and Great Palace?? It was the dumbest question I've ever seen. I managed to pad it out with the 'functions' of Akhetaten, but I was really pissed off that they gave us such a crappy question.

Part C was also a bit of a shocker, and I do New Kingdom Egypt so it was easy for me to knock over (Tut, Ay, Horemheb & Rameses attempts to erase him from history), but what about people who don't do the Egyptian period? I feel sorry for them...

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
Kirika said:
what the hell was up with (C) on agrippina??? a and b were easy, they ask them every year, but i'images'?? i wrote a heap a crap about the different veiws f ancient and modern sources and included a couple of events but there is no way i got near 12... does anyone know that they answered it well and can tell me what the q meant??
dude part c always involves the same thing...different images just means different interpretations of her power/influence/achievements n crap like that. so if u said this is wat tacitus says....blah blah blah...however barret says this blah blah blah and u evaluate them a bit n come up with a conclusion i guess u shud be right( well thats wat i did! hopefully its right!)

feelin_good

HSC
mikeee said:
"I came I saw I conquered" was the only real quote i used. I just paraphrased the rest!!
How can you even think of useing a quote like that, its not even relevent to the question. Let alone talking about Caesar's campain in Gaul, you only mention the results and consequences of Gaul as well as the results and consequences of the civil wars. NOT HIS FIGHTING ABILITY

hipPo3

HSC
Omg .. cleo was practically easy .. we had some of the Q's in our trials :D

B.J

HSC
feelin_good said:
How can you even think of useing a quote like that, its not even relevent to the question. Let alone talking about Caesar's campain in Gaul, you only mention the results and consequences of Gaul as well as the results and consequences of the civil wars. NOT HIS FIGHTING ABILITY

yeah did you think that? Assess his achevements as a general..... I wasnt sure so i put both interpretations on his ability and some of results just to be safe

tokenblackguy

HSC
YES!!! thanks whoever said about the images question being about her images she went thru and not ancient interpretations, although i talkd about that as well lol, and that exactly what i wrote for senemut, except i think i stuffed up the first question coz i just talked about how she favoured the god amun above all others and all this other crap

rocklobster

Agrippina the Younger

Yeah I thought C was a bit weird until I read the question. I did what most of you seem to have done and evaluated what different sources said about her and the images they presented of her. I used some quotes.
I thought for a 12 mark question it was a bit tough, but hey, that's what I've come to expect from this subject.
I really really really REALLY hope what they say about people going better in the HSC than the trials is true for me, because I got 86% in the trial and I nearly jumped of a cliff in excitement (not literally).
Overall, I'm happy with the exam.

cheekyT

Totaly Agree Hated The Hatshepsut Question, Know Nothin About Senenmut N Wot The Hell Were The Images?!?! I Fully Made It Up

jen_diesel

Kirika said:
Yeh I did the same as you i fully didnt understand wha tthe hell they meant by images!! But according to everyone else you were meant to refer to the fact that she appeared on coins and statues and the significance of that etc etc.. Boo :(

SaintCait

HSC
I hated Hatshepsut. I thought the questions were left field, and while i could answer them just from a wide reading of the subject, i didn't focus on them in my study and so didnt go as well as i hoped. Particularly the eight mark question. I'm also beginning to think my teacher marked me a bit to easy to get band sixes all year- listening to what you guys have said i doubt i'll scrape in this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)