Section I - Personalities (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your general thoughts on the questions for your personality?

Which person did you do? Did you find the questions fair? How did you go?

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I did Alexander... thought the 'the Great' thing was bad, but I had gone over it, and then I realised it was just a chance to talk about what he did well and bad, so it was easy enough. Early career was annoying, so was non-Greeks, but I think there was enough crap to put in for each...

HSC
i did alexander as well, it was fairly easy and straighforward i reckon, early career was easy, relationship with non greeks was really easy and the epithet "the great" was pretty easy to write about, did 7 pages for all sections put together i think

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Anyone do Akhenaten?

It was odd how they went back to the 2001 Mark Distribution (5/8/12) after the 3 years of 5/10/10.

I didn't think there was enough to talk about for Akhenaten part (c) for 12 marks, so I talked about Amenhotep III's Sed Festival influencing him, and how Horemheb used him as a scapegoat to become more powerful... lol, I basically said that Akhenaten was the greatest pharaoh ever, and Horemheb was a liar who portrayed him as bad for his own gain.

positive

HSC
Caesar was pretty good, last question was tough tho since I was hazy on his military exploits... I was just like "And he defeated Vercingetorix!"

lol did anyone include "I came I saw I conquered," I always wanted to use that in an essay!

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
i did Agrippina.... it was a great question i was prepared well for it, part C was a bit tricky at first but generally good, i like a challenge... i wrote 8 and a half pages

B.J

HSC
bitchgirl said:
i did caesar and it was ok IMO
yeah same here except id never done a question on his relationship with the senate so i might have lost some marks there

wanderlust

HSC
ARGH! i did hatshepsut and i hated it! i was sitting before the exam going not senemut not senemut AND IT WAS! well...yes and it was his RELATIONSHIP and it sucked. hmph should have studied. Also, i didn't like the visual image question...

Kirika

HSC
what the hell was up with (C) on agrippina??? a and b were easy, they ask them every year, but i'images'?? i wrote a heap a crap about the different veiws f ancient and modern sources and included a couple of events but there is no way i got near 12... does anyone know that they answered it well and can tell me what the q meant??

jd-angel

HSC
I did Hatshepsut. questions were pretty good, not to hard, wish the 1st one was worth more coz i could of written heaps for that. Thing on Senemut was good 2. Hope u all did well. i'm soo happy, no more exams now :) :)

gosh

positive said:
Caesar was pretty good, last question was tough tho since I was hazy on his military exploits... I was just like "And he defeated Vercingetorix!"

lol did anyone include "I came I saw I conquered," I always wanted to use that in an essay!
i did caesar too
i didnt include "I came I saw I conquered", it sounds too cheesy in an exam. though i included it in my speech earlier in the year

**blu_rose**

HSC
wanderlust said:
ARGH! i did hatshepsut and i hated it! i was sitting before the exam going not senemut not senemut AND IT WAS! well...yes and it was his RELATIONSHIP and it sucked. hmph should have studied. Also, i didn't like the visual image question...
me too, i've always hated stuff on officials and i was so sure it wouldn't be in there, i was so blank on what to write, all i basically wrote was abt the controversy abt her relationship with him, even though we were told not to go into that bit and i tried to talk abt the what his roles were but i completely forgot, what did u guys write for that bit?

but overall i hated that section, i'm sure i stuffed that one up and i usually love hatshepsut

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
I did Alexander.. the questions were pretty straight forward... like you know what the question is gonna be for the personalities... i wrote a fair bit.. for the last question i wrote 4 pages... loved this section

neafoo

HSC
i did agrippina II
was okay i think

bosby

HSC
Kirika said:
what the hell was up with (C) on agrippina??? a and b were easy, they ask them every year, but i'images'?? i wrote a heap a crap about the different veiws f ancient and modern sources and included a couple of events but there is no way i got near 12... does anyone know that they answered it well and can tell me what the q meant??
That all ur supposed to do, just talk about wat sources say no events needed just how diff. sources interpret her and also her image in architecture.

jimjim

Kirika said:
yeah same here kirika.. i loved a) and b) and i was kinda off put by c).. i could be completely wrong, but i interpretted the answer to include her image of a mother, daugher, niece, wife, tycoon for political power, a slut (although that terminology i skipped in the exam!) yeah.. i could have been so wrong - and i think i am.. oh well!! awesome exam though! sooo happy!

chonga

rOx your sOx baby
HSC
s'all good

i did agrippina and i thought it was good. my teacher is like the best teacher in the world cos she prepared us for all the possible kinds of questions especially interpretations of agrippina so part c was good. feeling good good =)

Pumpkin Eater

HSC
Anyone else do both Alexander as a personality and 4thC Greece To The Death Of Alexander as a period?

4thC Greece is interesting, but crazy-complex. Backstabbings galore. I was pretty nervous about that section. But then one of the two essay questions for it was along the lines of "explain Alexander's conquest and administration of his empire" or something. Maybe a little unbalancing in my case, 'cuz if you've studied Alexander himself, that's an unusually easy and redundant question that you could answer without having done that historical period at all.

chonga

rOx your sOx baby
HSC
=)

Kirika said:
thats what u were meant to dO...and cos the text type was "assess" you just had to pick out which one you agreed with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)