Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

middo2112

HSC
ah yeah i took it the other way cause like sally's pay isnt actually being effected like her salary is her salary this is just a monetary reward on top of it where as Johns receiving 5% above his award implys that performance resulted in an increase in pay.
5% above his award may just be so HR can attract better employees and is something they all get. It could be any of a number of reasons. There's no clear indications whatsoever it was to do with performance. Therefore it was Sally getting the extra pay for meeting sales target.

crowley926

HSC
ah yeah i took it the other way cause like sally's pay isnt actually being effected like her salary is her salary this is just a monetary reward on top of it where as Johns receiving 5% above his award implys that performance resulted in an increase in pay.
Yeah it could be penalty rates doesn't necessarily mean his performance is being rewarded

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Could be the business going beyond the minimum conditions and terms of employment?

I picked the bonus one because I remember my notes said "As employee reaches targets and demonstrates improved performance, they are rewarded through increase pay". And I believe a bonus is still a monetary reward.

jordanhumpherson

HSC
The thing is the question stated that it was already a public company. Which means it has already floated meaning they had already recieved equity (shares) from the primary market. Re-issue of chares creates further revenue. However to my own discovery, the company can no longer earn equity from the secondary market. I can assure you tho, it was either A or B

Flop21

HSC
The thing is the question stated that it was already a public company. Which means it has already floated meaning they had already recieved equity (shares) from the primary market. Re-issue of chares creates further revenue. However to my own discovery, the company can no longer earn equity from the secondary market. I can assure you tho, it was either A or B
Oh shit yeah you're right. But I can't remember exact question, to justify my answer.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Could be the business going beyond the minimum conditions and terms of employment?

I picked the bonus one because I remember my notes said "As employee reaches targets and demonstrates improved performance, they are rewarded through increase pay". And I believe a bonus is still a monetary reward.
I'm just going to give my two cents worth on this one, but as I know performance pay is when an individual's WAGE/SALARY is matched according to his/her performance in the regards to the business' goals. With Sally, her group is being rewarded for meeting their sales target. It seems to me (because the question is so vague) that the payment is a one-off thing, when performance pay is as a whole IMHO (e.g. If a cars salesman sells 20 units of cars, there's a 20% increase in his wage, so forth...). I'll reiterate, in Sally's case, it seems there's only a cash bonus involved.

On the other hand, Jamie is continuously being rewarded with 5% increase. It didn't say anything about being competitive or whatnot in the question... just for some reason, Jaime is being rewarded continuously with a higher rate of pay. So, a business wouldn't just increase pay for an individual unless certain skills are involved. Furthermore, I guess it's just that it was individual... aka performance pay is linked to individual performance... not group. IDK.

I might've gotten this question wrong but it's okay haha

crowley926

HSC
I'm just going to give my two cents worth on this one, but as I know performance pay is when an individual's WAGE/SALARY is matched according to his/her performance in the regards to the business' goals. With Sally, her group is being rewarded for meeting their sales target. It seems to me (because the question is so vague) that the payment is a one-off thing, when performance pay is as a whole IMHO (e.g. If a cars salesman sells 20 units of cars, there's a 20% increase in his wage, so forth...). I'll reiterate, in Sally's case, it seems there's only a cash bonus involved.

On the other hand, Jamie is continuously being rewarded with 5% increase. It didn't say anything about being competitive or whatnot in the question... just for some reason, Jaime is being rewarded continuously with a higher rate of pay. So, a business wouldn't just increase pay for an individual unless certain skills are involved. Furthermore, I guess it's just that it was individual... aka performance pay is linked to individual performance... not group. IDK.

I might've gotten this question wrong but it's okay haha
My teacher gave us this definition for performance pay: refers to the remuneration that is based on distributing rewards according to individual performance. This is usually systematic and is distributed periodically.

But no I totally see where you're coming from as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)