Section I - Core (Pompeii and Herculaneum) (1 Viewer)

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
offt, i got that imperial cult wrong. i wrote apollo or something, had no idea but the source looked like greek-ish so yeah

M

MichelleV

offt, i got that imperial cult wrong. i wrote apollo or something, had no idea but the source looked like greek-ish so yeah
A lot of people in my year said it was Apollo too :/
It said in the caption though something about Augustus and another word my teacher said refered to the Imperial cult :3

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
The best P+H section ever! Really generic for the 10 marker, straight forward multiple choice. I'm really happy with how I went!

Implying

HSC
It was like
A)Women trying to be elected
B)Women providing financial support for elections
C)something else about women and elections that wasn't right
D) Women trying to influence election results

:p
sweet, yeah it was D
25/25 for section 1 imo, unless i lost a mark for graffiti or something. I tried to get 2 marks for political graffiti, 1 mark for bars & inns, 1 for amphitheatres, 1 for theatres, and 1 for something else, i forget

heyfeebs

HSC
Temple of Vespasian = Augustus cult = imperial cult.

I can't believe I actually remembered that in the exam l0l

Implying

HSC
DITTO! in the end I had an hour and 30 minutes to do Section IV.
wow, are you sure you wrote enough? I wrote as much as possible, it's so much easier to access the marks. I wrote a whole extra page for the 10 marker and a fair bit extra for the 6 marker, and finished in 30-35 minutes. Still, i'm glad the multiple choice was so damn easy because I hate MC

mac_attack94

HSC
Awesome I got all of those answers for the multiple choice. The short questions were pretty good. Really liked the 10 marker!!!

faustian rose

HSC
They're the answers I got as well! :)
I think the test was pretty good overall.
I can't remember the questions but I do remember my answers so I will say it in the order I remember:

Pompeii forum
Imperial cult
Lararium
Amphitheatre
Exercise
Influence election results

Did I miss any?

Corruptivetaint

HSC
Found this section really easy, pretty sure I got all MP right, House hold religion Q was eh but I got through it. 10 Mark question was fairly simple but I didn't like the 2nd source for it. Very happy overall, I stressed for nothing haha.

heyfeebs

HSC
wow, are you sure you wrote enough? I wrote as much as possible, it's so much easier to access the marks. I wrote a whole extra page for the 10 marker and a fair bit extra for the 6 marker, and finished in 30-35 minutes. Still, i'm glad the multiple choice was so damn easy because I hate MC
yeah I'm pretty happy with what I wrote, I finished all the booklets lol. as soon as the examiner said 'pens down' all the information I had in my head slowly went away.. I swear I forgot like half the content after I walked out the door. god I regret picking ancient.

Sammy2011

HSC
I got all the Multiple Choice right according to my teacher. Household religion was easy, and so was the Graffiti question.

Conservation was no problem, and I was able to reference things I had seen on a recent trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum.

acemusic415

HSC
What was the household religion question regarding three significant features? I talked about Lares, Penates and Genuises. Is that right?

Fake-Name

HSC
What was the household religion question regarding three significant features? I talked about Lares, Penates and Genuises. Is that right?
Yea, there was plenty you could discuss besides those three: Paterfamilia leading it, the shrine itself, etc.

Implying

HSC
Yea, there was plenty you could discuss besides those three: Paterfamilia leading it, the shrine itself, etc.
yeah i talked about the 3 different types of lararium, the way all classes had them, how they offered sacrifices to the lares and in return the lares would protect them.

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone verify if this is correct: for household religion I said that:
- the lares were protectors of their boundary, in this case the domes
- offerings were made at the lararium such as fruit and pine cones - symbols of fertility
- the lares were present during important rites of passage such as funerals, births and weddings
- household religion was available to all, given that the Lararium in the house of the vetti was discovered in the slaves quarters, so household religion was not confined to the social elite...

bonedog

HSC
Loved the last question on conservation, hated the whole household religion theme though, also it was nice to be able to write about graffiti for once

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
OH FUCK am I completely stuffed? Just reading over these answers, and realised I completely forgot to refer to the source for the last Pompeii question... FUCK! I thought I did it really well, and then just remembered the sources! I talked about like environmental damage and how its tackled and stuff... how many marks do you think I will lose? I feel sick to my stomach now :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)